Lyndhurst, New Jersey
Our client is the world’ s largest private cancer center, that has devoted over 130 years to patient care, research, and educational programs!
Our clients’ New Jersey Data Center is seeking a Windows Engineer to join our team. The Windows Engineer III must be extremely proficient and possess hands-on experience in the areas of hardware and operating system installation, configuration and support in an Enterprise (i.e. 1500 + servers) environment. He/She must also demonstrate proficiency in virtualization technologies, configuration and support. Experience with HP servers (rack mount and c-Class Blade platform) a must; knowledge of Cisco UCS & IBM hardware a plus. He/She must be adept at handling multiple projects and tasks as well as tailoring communications to suit the intended audience.
- Perform Installation, deployment and on-going maintenance of Windows Systems (2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2).
- Provide support and consultation to regional locations.
- Implement operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability, performance and security of the system(s).
- Modify or create processes to ease day-to-day administration & support tasks.
- Author new and / or update existing documentation on servers & procedures to maintain accuracy.
- Schedule hardware / software installations, patching and upgrades and confirm compliance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot various issues (i.e. hardware break / fix, performance, etc.), respond to escalations and perform repairs as needed.
- Participate in rotational 24x7 support duties.
- Work with project manager and infrastructure architect to test and implement solutions.
- Research and provide suggestion to enhance operational stability.
- Level II - at least 3 years as a Windows Server Administrator with MCSE certifications (or equivalent experience) in Windows Server 2008 and / or 2012.
- Level III - 4 to 6 years as a Windows Server Administrator with MCSE certifications (or equivalent experience) in Windows Server 2008 and / or 2012.
- 2+ years’ experience with VMware ESX / ESXi technology (vSphere 5.x and above)
- 3 + years of experience in fast-paced high-availability large production environments.
- Must have hands-on experience working with current and older HP Proliant & c-Class Blade servers.
- Expertise in general Windows Server installation, build, administration, security, backups & restorations and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Windows Scripting technology such as PowerShell, WMI and Batch scripting is a plus.
- Experience with TCP/IP and networking fundamentals.
- Experience with networking services such as DNS, WINS, DHCP, FTP etc.
- Experience working with Windows clustering technology, configuration management system such as SCCM, Hyper-V cluster and SCVMM.
- Experience in Windows Active Directory infrastructure and configuring GPOs
- Seasoned engineer with great troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Keeping up with latest technology and industry trends.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- A good decision-maker in complex situation.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.