corporate marketing communications manger
Corporate Marketing Communications Manger
Our client stands as one of the largest U.S. regional grocery chains and currently operates in over seven southeastern states. They thrive to be the premier quality food retailer in the world. They passionately focus on customer value and are devoted to the highest standards of stewardship for their stockholders.
- Evaluating Marketing Strategy Briefs to develop the appropriate communication strategy (awareness, disruption, conversion, acquisition, etc.) needed to achieve the desired customer response which will result in a profitable business outcome.
- Deciding the most effective integrated communication channel mix (in-store, paid and owned) by developing Communication Plans that communicate the right message, to the right audience, at the right time, in the right environment. The Communication Plan outlines the campaign’ s unique messaging, timing and audience for all versions of promotional materials within budget parameters to support corporate marketing campaigns
- Investigating and analyzing consumer needs and trends pertaining to how target audiences interact with the products, brands and services, along with communications channels throughout their path to purchase.
- Utilizing expertise in channel functionality and how customers interact with the channels to develop the appropriate channel mix and message priority to drive communications planning and creative concept development.
- Educating internal and external Marketing stakeholders/ business partners on new channel innovation and execution.
- Directing the development of the most effective external communication channels with input from cross-functional internal Marketing stakeholders/business partners and external suppliers.
- Continuously recommending and managing effective campaign extensions to test emerging media with the Marketing Analytics team to improve relevance and engagement with our customers.
- Formally presenting the Communication Plan to key stakeholders and senior Marketing leaders to inform and allow project stakeholders to execute accordingly.
- Providing expertise and knowledge of the campaign objective to direct adjustments to internal and external partners’ media buying selections to align with approved communication strategy and Communication Plan.
- Forecasting costs for the communication channel mix that best accomplishes stated campaign objective, maximizes sales, and fits within the campaign budget. Making these estimates requires consideration of many factors, including campaign timeframe, size of audience, market coverage, reach/frequency, etc.
- Engaging internal and/or external suppliers for channel cost quotes to maximize allocated resources and ensure we stay within the campaign budget.
- Tracking, approving and ensuring all invoiced charges for each marketing communication campaign are accurate and align with channel quotes and allocated budget.
- Reconciling and analyzing monthly campaign expenditure reports to make projections and forecast accurate savings and overages.
- Deciding and performing all communication channel budget transfers within Marketing’ s budget reporting system to ensure marketing communication plans are balanced upon completion.
- Defining objectives through conversation with the business partner to identify the target customer and establish success measures.
- Researching the business opportunity to understand the current customer mindset.
- Developing the marketing strategy recommendation that works to solve the business opportunity.
- Presenting the strategy brief to the business partner, ensuring alignment.
- Serving as the strategy and/or channel lead that collaborates with Marketing stakeholders and internal business partners to review and approve proposed creative concepts to ensure alignment with approved communication strategy, objectives, environments and channels.
- Reviewing and approving creative assets (e.g., images, illustrations, copy) to ensure alignment with the creative concept and messaging priorities outlined in the approved Communication Plan.
- Reviewing and approving final creative mechanical execution – with the customer’ s perspective in mind – to ensure all utilized channels (TV, digital, radio, newspaper, in-store) will deliver the campaign’ s communication objectives in the environments in which they are placed.
- Tracking and analyzing campaign results and channel performance against marketing and communication objectives and KPIs to develop insights for future campaigns.
- Analyzing campaign performance metrics in-flight against established KPI benchmarks to make strategic channel optimization decisions related to media budget and channel performance to maximize return on marketing investment.
- Staying abreast of global consumer media usage trends (by researching and reviewing custom studies, Nielsen reports, case studies, etc.) to better understand and develop cutting edge Communication Plans.
- Identifying campaigns for testing new communication channel integration. Designing and proposing test ideas for execution to measure channel impact on objectives and sales. Collecting results and sharing insights with internal and external partners.
- Presenting the final recommendations for optimizations to key stakeholders and Marketing leaders to optimize for future campaign improvements/changes as they relate to effective channel performance.
- Responsible for researching, identifying and securing new sponsorship program and event opportunities that align with our client’ s Marketing objectives and strategy. This includes:
- Researching and identifying program and sponsorship opportunities, through non-agency relationships, to reach target customers that align closely with the desired mindset and environment to receive our message.
- Negotiating program and sponsorship participation including content, costs, media levels and timing.
- Engaging Marketing Business Affairs to facilitate the legal review and approval process including contracts, Master Service Agreements (MSAs) and Statements of Work (SOWs).
- Identifying and making recommendations to the Manager, Corporate Marketing Communications (MCMC) for project and campaign work that could be assigned to a CMCC.
- Alignment between project and campaign work’ s strategic importance and complexity and the associate’ s primary role responsibilities.
- The associate’ s resource capacity based on overall workload.
- Support of the associate’ s professional development plan, including “ stretch” assignments to challenge the associate and promote learning and growth.
- Monitoring progress and providing feedback and corrective direction.
- Providing guidance related to marketing communications strategy and professional development.
- Providing performance feedback to MCMC as input for the coordinator’ s formal performance evaluation.