4G/5G RAN Test Engineer
TBD Reston, VA TBD
4G/5G System Test Engineer
**12 month min W2 Contract ** ONSITE Reston, VA **
We are looking for a LTE/5G Air interface and Call Processing Test engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a product validation engineer in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce our client’ s products to Wireless Carrier.
Candidate will be responsible for testing LTE/5G access network products and validating various protocols and interfaces supported by these access network elements. He or she will be responsible for analyzing the customer requirements, developing test strategy for features and functionalities, converting customer requirements into test plans and detailed test procedures. He or she will be performing test execution and troubleshooting SW/HW issues in client labs as well the customer’ s lab and field deployments. Travel to the customer and field locations will occur as necessary to perform job functions. Interaction with the customer will also be necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for LTE/5G product validation, feature and performance validation, system performance analysis focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
- Analyzing the product and feature requirements, converting them into system test cases and execution to ensure product meets customer spec.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
- Perform detailed analysis of 4G Wireless Protocols
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting issues
- Educate our customers on new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams across multiple regions to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 6-8 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 6+ years’ experience is preferred
- Bachelor’ s Degree is EE/CS is required
- Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Good understanding on LTE concepts such as DL/UL scheduling, LTE power control, Beam forming fundamentals, MIMO.
- Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel activities is beneficial
- Experience in system integration and validation with focus on LTE RAN involving E2E Call Processing and MAC layers, Experience in developing test strategy for new SW releases/features and new products for product acceptance
- Ability to translate standards, feature documents and customer requirements into test plans, test cases
- Strong knowledge in 4G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Understanding of IOT technologies including eMTC, NB-IOT.
- Experience in EMS systems, managing network elements, software upgrades etc
- Experience with SW development is beneficial
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
- Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
- Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project