4G/5G System Test Engineer
Excellence Way Plano, TX 75023
**Long term W2 Contract, Onsite in Plano, TX **
Target Rate $55-60/hr on W2
We are looking for a LTE/5G Air interface and Call Processing Test engineer to join our client' s Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a product validation engineer in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce new products to Wireless Carrier.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for development of product validation, feature validation, systems and performance analysis, customer review sessions for LTE RAN products focusing on Air interface, E2E performance, and Call Processing.
• Analyzing the product and feature requirements, converting them into system test cases and execution to ensure product meets customer spec.
• Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
• Perform detailed analysis of 4G Wireless Protocols
• Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
• Educate our customers on Samsungs new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
• Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
• Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from SEA and Samsung HQ to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
• Validation expert in driving the technical solutions to customer through complex organizational dynamics
• Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
Excellence Dealing with Ambiguity
• Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
** Must have RAN product testing in customer lab or vendor labs. Must have LTE knowledge.**
• Good understanding on LTE concepts such as DL/UL scheduling, LTE power control, Beamforming fundamentals, MIMO.
• Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel activities is beneficial
• Experience with system testing activities such as feature validation, test description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting
• Strong knowledge in 4G/5G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
• Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
• Understanding of IOT technologies including eMTC, NB-IOT.
• Experience in EMS systems, managing network elements, software upgrades etc
• Experience with SW development is beneficial
• Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
• Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
• Experience with test tools including protocol analyzers, XCAL/QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, etc.
• Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 10-12 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 10+ years experience is preferred
• Bachelors Degree is EE/CS is required
• Ability to travel sporadically during the project
#INDSTD 9736 1522
Meet Your Recruiter
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.