4G/5G Systems Test/Tier3 Engineer
6625 Excellence Way Plano, TX 75023
4G/5G Systems Test/Tier3 Engineer, Wireless Networks
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for system validation, verification and technical support of the 5G/4G LTE RAN network with emphasis on the RAN CP and OAM Features.
- Candidate will be responsible for analyzing the customer requirements, developing test strategy for features and functionalities, converting customer requirements into test plans and detailed test procedures.
- Debugs issues and assist in determination of resolution to issues discovered during testing. Provide input for improvements in lab functionality, test automation, training, and lab maintenance procedures.
- Analyze and recommend test equipment, test methods to validate essential requirements, and interface proactively and effectively within and with customers as related to testing activities.
- Ability to travel sporadically during the project.
- Education - Bachelors Degree in EE/CS; Advanced degree is preferred
- Years: Minimum of 2 to 5 years of wireless knowledge/experience
- Key contributor in driving the product functionality and quality to the customer
- Leveraging your ability to communicate effectively with all levels of organization as well as HQ partners on initiatives
- Bringing your experience in problem solving and ability to navigate complex organizations with pivotal shifts
Background & Competencies Required:
- Bachelors Degree in EE/CS; Advanced degree is preferred
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of wireless knowledge/experience
- Need an understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
- Must be able to write, read, analyze, and interpret technical journals and procedures utilizing mathematics language, non-linear communications, vectors, complex numbers and logarithms as reference.
- Working knowledge and experience using RF test equipment
- Thorough understanding of SW development cycle
- Experience with SW development is beneficial
- Experience with protocol analyzers, test tools such as XCAL, QXDM, Wireshark, Channel Emulator, Spectrum Analyzers, and Signal Generators is beneficial
- Must have: understanding of 3GPP systems - Core and RAN networks
- Must have: 4G/5G LTE Call Processing and in-depth knowledge of RRC, S1-MME, S1-U and X2 protocol
- Good to have: understanding of concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, New Waveforms, LTE-NR interworking & co-existence, 5G Numerologies, etc.
- Must have: experience with product testing, development of Test Plan and Test Cases
- Must have: ability to support market issues to meet commercial SLAs.
- Must have: hands on experience with mobility management & mobile broadband Radios.