5G Air-Interface/Call processing Systems Engineer
1301 E Lookout Dr richardson, TX 75082
5G Air-Interface/Call Processing Systems Engineer - Direct Hire
If you have ambitions to be a part of a Best in Class organization, joining our client’ s Wireless Network team is the place to be. The role of the Wireless Networks Team is to support our wireless carrier customers through innovative technology road map. The dynamic culture offers both great challenge and great reward. If you want to work among the very best talent in the industry, working on the most innovative products in the world, here is your chance!
We are looking for a 5G Air interface and Call Processing Systems Engineer to join our Wireless network team. You will be a key contributor as a subject matter expert in a multi-functional team of R&D, Systems engineering, and product validation to introduce this client’ s products to Wireless Carriers.
WHAT YOU’ LL BE DOING:
- Responsible for development of product requirements, feature requirements, systems and performance analysis, conduct deep-dive customer sessions for 5G Air interface and Call Processing technologies.
- Analyzing the customer requirements, converting then into system requirements and capturing of detail design for the development team.
- Aid in product & feature performance analysis, evaluation of new product & SW releases
- Perform detailed analysis of 5G Wireless Protocols
- Responsible for analyzing and troubleshooting the issues
- Provides expert technical support in the pre-sales process and creates compelling technical and commercial solutions in order to help achieve the assigned sales goals and business objectives.
- Translates and communicates complex technical design considerations between the Samsung sales team and carriers’ network business
- Educate our customers on Samsung’ s new products and services both individually and in a team environment.
- Ensures that customer commitments are achieved according to plan.
- Works closely with various support organizations, logistics, and cross- functional teams from internationally to achieve successful new product roll-outs and developments.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Good understanding on 5G concepts such as Hybrid Beamforming, Massive MIMO, New Waveforms, LTE-NR interworking & co-existence, 5G Numerologies etc .
- Experience with ongoing 3GPP Rel-15/16 activities is beneficial
- Experience with system engineering activities such as feature requirements identification, feature description documentation, parameter optimization, performance analysis, test strategy creation, problem troubleshooting is desirable
- Strong knowledge in 5G and 4G air interface and call processing technologies and network architecture specifically focused on Radio Access Network
- Good understanding of overall Wireless systems with emphasis on PHY, MAC, RLC, RRC and PDCP layers
- Experience with SW development is beneficial
- Understanding of 3GPP systems: Core and RAN networks
- Understanding of HW as well as SW architecture
- Undergraduate Degree in engineering with 12-15 years of directly related experience is required. A Masters with 12+ years’ experience is preferred
- Bachelor’ s Degree is EE/CS is required
- Ability to travel sporadically (within the US) during the project