500 Woodward Ave Detroit, MI 48226
ektello is working with a major financial leader to find an API Developer (to join a growing team. All candidates must be willing and able to work on W2 without sponsorship. No C2C options.
We are seeking an API Developer to become an integral part of our team! You will be responsible for responsible for designing and building Enterprise APIs to grow and support our digital footprint, creating and modifying computer application software or specialized utility programs.
- Work with project manager or product owner to meet specification needs
- Understand creation and deployment of API led design strategy, API usage framework, and project team API enablement guidance as a core member of the service delivery team.
- Effectively communicates project expectations, issues, risks, and decisions to project team and business stakeholder related to API implementation
- Designs, Develops and prototypes cloud deployed, and DevOps enabled scalable solutions to business problems in alignment with the architecture direction and standards.
- Implement common APIs based on architecture guidelines and framework related to logging, authentication, security, error recovery etc.
- Participate in an agile delivery process, and as part of that help size stories and own, research and recommend new solutions
- Knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best-practices especially Swagger and OpenAPI 3.0, REST, SOAP, MQ, JSON, Microservices etc.
- Experience in using Apigee Edge and Micro-gateway for development of API proxies.
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization of services via OAuth 2
- Test capability SOAUPUI, Selenium, Cucumber, Postman
- Past work experience with Java, Spring/Spring Boot, Hibernate, Relational and/or non-relational databases, JMS, queues, publishing to and subscribing from topics