AWS API Developer / Software Developer III
440 South Church Street Charlotte, NC 28202
AWS API Developer
Seeking an innovative and passionate AWS API Developer with strong technical ability, communication, and collaboration skills. As an API Developer you will be responsible for designing and building Enterprise APIs to grow and support the client’ s digital footprint. You will work with stakeholders, technology team leadership and subject matter experts to analyze, design, build and implement API' s needed within the organization. You will also oversee implementation, documentation, and integration of a variety of software platforms through the REST API framework, Lambdas, and other AWS services. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and enables us to deliver and improve on the product quickly.
- Develop and deploy serverless components hosted on AWS cloud technology.
- Capable of API delivery end to end which includes Planning, Design, Development, Testing, and Delivery of API(s) and services.
- Develop and deploy API policies using Apigee Edge Platform.
- Understand creation and deployment of API first design strategy.
- Collaborate with service delivery team members to ensure solid design principles and platform reliability, resilience, and performance/scalability.
- Effectively communicates expectations, issues, risks, and decisions to product team.
- Designs, Develops and prototypes cloud deployed services, APIs, and serverless infrastructure as code to enable business capabilities in alignment with the architecture direction and standards.
- Experience with building Java applications.
- Ensure adherence to solid architecture guidelines and frameworks related to logging, authentication, security, error recovery etc.
- Participate in an agile delivery process, and as part of that help size stories and own, research and recommend new solutions
- Be open to learning new things, adapting, and learning from others
- 5+ years previous development experience
- Hands on experience with a variety of AWS services that include, but not limited to:
- NodeJS runtime preferred
- API Gateway
- Previous or current experience with Java development.
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch
- Experience developing microservices
- Past experience with developing serverless REST APIs using AWS Lambda is a plus.
- Strong preference for someone with experience creating event driven architecture.
- AWS certification is a plus
- Ability to influence and guide product solutions with Technology best practices
- BS / MS / PhD in in Computer Science, Math or related engineering fields or equivalent practical experience
Location: Charlotte, NC (Remote initially)
Duration: Initially written through the end of 2020 with the expectation of extending into 2021