633 3rd Avenue-5th fl New York, New York 10017
Our client is the world’ s largest private cancer center, that has devoted over 130 years to patient care, research, and educational programs!
Our client has unmatched experience in cancer studies and innovative in their approaches for cures. On top of being one of the health industry’ s cream of the crop, their patient empathy and care goes unmatched.
- Directly assisting and reporting to the Graduate School’ s Associate Dean and Registrar, the administrative assistant will be responsible for general administrative functions (answering phones, correspondence, copying, filing, calendar arrangements, data-processing, ordering, meeting arrangements, etc.) as well as keeping track of information (e.g. invoices, reimbursements, monthly financial data) and regularly updating the student information system and website.
- Handles confidential information with accuracy and attention to detail. Helps to coordinate event logistics to ensure seamless events. Provides administrative support, as needed, during events.
- Assists with day-to-day activities such as mail, supplies, and phone coverage, as well as oversight of conference rooms and general office space to ensure that it is well organized and clean; ensures that files are properly maintained and archived according to graduate school’ s schedules;
- Assists staff with the School’ s events-related matters, including set-up/clean-up, preparing materials and packets for meetings and events, and managing dissemination of news and events via social media, web, printed posters, and other channels
- The administrative assistant will also provide significant support for our admissions process for both the PhD and summer program applicants; assisting with recruiting activities, admissions, scheduling, program/application analysis, and coding data; coordinating program assignments including distributing surveys, follow-up, trouble-shooting, printing and collating reports.
- In addition, he/she will provide support and coordination for the school’ s special events; coordinate the production of training materials for recruitment.
- Finally, the administrative will assist with research projects through basic Internet and library research (e.g. tracking down alumni, documenting student publications, and reviewing source information) on an as needed basis. The individual must work independently with minimal supervision. He/she must also take ownership of projects to see them through successfully to completion.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- excellent computer skills and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to be tactful and discrete.
- Must exercise sound judgment.
- Must be self-driven with proven ability to problem solve and anticipate needs.
- Proven track record of communicating and working with a broad range of constituents and stakeholders.
- Customer service experience is a plus, including event planning.
- Academic office experience helpful.
- Experience with managing web sites and social media accounts for an organization is a plus.