Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Leader
11819 N. Pennsylvania St. Carmel, IN 46032
Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Lead (#6894)
The AME Leader is responsible for executing the global manufacturing strategy for all manufacturing locations. The position is responsible for the development of processes to ensure manufacturing strategy play books, road maps and investments to best satisfy our customers’ needs while effectively utilizing corporate assets.
- Implement global manufacturing strategy and enterprise assessments and playbooks (location, capacity, utilization).
- Lead projects and implement core / non-core process, assessments, and playbooks.
- Ensure effective facility / product / process transitions & processes are in place.
- Act as a champion of Total Productive Maintenance across machinery, tools and facilities.
- Execute manufacturing strategy and footprint initiatives.
- Lead large capital investment initiatives within operations.
- Ensure new products are released with adequate levels of manufacturability.
- Supports mergers and acquisitions by properly evaluating target risks within operations.
- Collaborate with Procurement to implement make vs. buy process, assessments, and playbooks.
- Supports global leverage of core manufacturing process groups.
- Understands and anticipates trends within manufacturing to implement as needed.
- Partners with manufacturing facilities to enable them to run more efficiently.
- This position will require 50-60% global travel.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- BS / ME / EE / B Eng. degree in engineering, or a related field
- Master’ s degree in a relevant field preferred
- Industrial, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or Electronics background
- 5-10 Years total combined relevant integrated supply chain experience
- 5+ year’ s relevant AME experience preferred
Proven experience of:
- Core – non-core evaluation
- Capacity and utilization analysis
- Cost Analysis
- Make vs. buy
- New Products Introductions
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Capital Investment Management
- Facility relocations (Greenfield, Brown Field, Relocation, Decommissioning)
- Operations Management, Project / Program Management
- Data Analytics and Analysis
- Understanding of global materials management and supply chain / logistics Management
- Understanding of manufacturing engineering processes and trends
- Capability to manage multiple global projects
- Demonstrated project leadership skills (ability to lead and motivate others at multiple levels of the organization)
- Experience and demonstrated results improving manufacturing footprint utilization / rationalization
- Demonstrated drive for results working in a global matrix organization
- Demonstrated influencing, relationship building, teamwork and collaboration skills at all levels of the organization
Location: Carmel, Indiana
Duration: Direct Hire