Analyst - Ad Effectiveness
30 Rockefeller New York, NY 10020
The key objective of the Ad Impact team is to manage/measure advertiser campaigns and sponsorships across assets. This role will specifically be responsible for reporting performance evaluations of advertiser campaigns and providing insights into how the company delivered on client goals for special sporting events this summer.
The right candidate will have a passion for sports, marketing and media, as well as an interest in cross-platform research (TV, Digital and Social). Candidates must also be able to use research and analytics to develop actionable insights and effectively tell a story on behalf of advertisers.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Four-year degree (B.A., B.S.) from an accredited college or university, preferably in Marketing, Communications, Psychology, Media, Math, Statistics, Marketing Analytics or related field
• Minimum of two years in media research with a broadcast or cable network, digital entertainment company, advertising agency, media research provider or data analytics firm
• Experience with syndicated media research tools with a focus on cross platform measurement, including Nielsen systems, comScore, TV Brand Effect, ListenFirst, Nielsen Social, and YouGov. Prior experience with Lake 5 is a plus.
• Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research initiatives that support internal objectives, including writing surveys, managing survey fielding, analyzing banners & crosstabs
• Ability to distill data from a variety of sources into articulate, clear and actionable data-driven narratives, insights and recommendations
• Must be well versed in MS Office (formatting, creating charts/graphs, pivot tables and formulas); data processing and experience with data visualization tools (DOMO and Tableau) a plus
• Strategic thinker with a deep interest in sports, media, analytics and/or marketing
• Story driven problem solver able to interpret and visualize data with client needs in mind
• Highly organized and detail-oriented multitasker
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Naturally curious, resourceful and motivated
• Custom research experience is a plus
The Analyst will interact with internal clients, advertisers, agencies and vendors to assist in the development and execution of research plans that evaluate overall ad impact, as well as the impact and benefits of specific campaign elements and media platforms. This person will also play an integral role in the standardization of reporting templates, plus assist in the development of company-wide research norms, best practices and case studies. The Analyst will also get to work on broader initiatives such as commercial innovations, portfolio campaigns and prime pods.
Day to Day Duties
• Engage with outside vendors to ensure campaign elements are measured, project milestones are adhered to, and results are delivered within deadline
• Pull data from syndicated research tools and data files from vendors to gather insights about campaign performance
• Create advertiser campaign recap reports that communicate insights in visually compelling formats
• Input campaign results in normative database
• Work with senior Research management in evaluating new research tools and other data sources/vendors to understand capabilities and potential benefits to campaign measurement
• Support VP and Director of Ad Impact, plus work with stakeholders across the organization
• Analyze competitive spending & marketing patterns
• Respond to requests from across the organization