Analytics QA engineer
1000 Darden Center Dr Orlando, FL 32837
Analytics QA Engineer
Our client’ s restaurants feature some of the most recognizable and successful brands in full-service dining. They create memorable experiences for 380 million guests in hundreds of communities across North America. They are also the world’ s largest full-service restaurant company.
This role is responsible for leading the creation, execution, and ongoing maintenance of test cases and conditions throughout the testing lifecycle. This position works closely with the business and development teams to complete all testing activities on schedule, while balancing release quality with test coverage. Provide ongoing insights and analysis on consumer engagement, experience, and usage of the client’ s Digital Platform.
- Participates in the review of functional business requirements with focus on digital analytics.
- Write user stories and use cases to support analytics QA.
- Lead QA efforts for websites and mobile applications with focus on digital analytics schema.
- Collaborate with business and IT teams to ensure clear requirements are defined, create sound test strategies.
- Compile and execute a master test plan.
- Represent QA through all phases of the SDLC and closely collaborates with other involved functional areas.
- Provide training, review, mentoring, and support within department and across business.
- Establishes and maintains requirements traceability with test case coverage.
- Create and manage test estimates, strategies, task plans, and schedules.
- Should be able to create and execute test scenarios, cases, conditions, and steps.
- Records, tracks, and re-tests discovered defects to closure.
- Generate test metrics for assigned test efforts.
- Efficiently drives quality and accuracy while promoting industry best practices.
- Develops and manages QA metrics for system Quality improvement.
- 5+ years’ experience with the Software Development Life Cycle with specific experience in Quality Assurance.
- 2+ years of experience in testing Digital Analytics with focus on the Adobe Technology Stack and Tag Management Systems.
- Strong understanding of E2E and Unit testing via scripted automation processes.
- Understanding of Adobe Analytics, http requests, W3C Compliant HTML5.
- Strong understanding of JSON, and jQuery in regards to quality assurance processes and automated tools (Selenium, Jasmine, HP ALM).
- Ability to work on site.
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite – E.g.: Excel, Word, Notes, Etc.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions.
- Positive and effective interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams during issue resolution.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Ability to rapidly understand new system architecture and functionality.
- Ability to make logical cause-effect relationships across complex systems and infrastructure.
- Ability to apply a logical and organized approach to problem solving.
- Flexibility to work non -standard hours to coordinate with a globally-distributed team, support periodic release efforts, and respond to urgent issues.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure.
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Experience with drafting test cases to check data quality.
- Basic understanding of Data warehouse, ETL, BI and Big Data Concepts.
- Experience with Agile development a plus.
- Experience with BI tools like Micro strategy, Tableau is preferred.
- Experience with Big Data Projects is preferred.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience using Browserstack.
- Experience with using Data Layers.