34405 W. 12 Mile Suite 375 Farmington Hills, MI 48331
Are you a computer expert, with a specifically strong skill set in Android development?
ektello is searching for an Android Developer for one of our top clients in the vehicle inspection industry. Our client has been the standard in vehicle inspections since 2005 and has provided coverage through North America since. With over 1, 200 employees and state-of-the-art technology, our client has inspected millions of vehicles annually. Our client is uniquely equipped with industry-leading customer service, competitive pricing, advanced IT solutions and a national footprint — all in the industry’ s first truly independent, objective, third-party inspection company.
- Design, develop, test, document, deploy, support and sustain the mobile apps— Android Phone(s) & other devices including interface and libraries.
- Unit Testing the code for the apps developed.
- Participation in code reviews and pull requests.
- Work with DevOps and development team members to develop/maintain alerting triggers, logging, and general application monitoring.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of automated deployments.
- Thought leader on the future technologies used for environment management, automation, and monitoring.
- Special Projects and other duties may be assigned.
- Strong design, programming, and debugging skills.
- 3+ years Android development.
- 3+ years Java and Android SDK.
- Android UI design principles.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Agile development.
- Proficient experience creating comprehensive unit tests.
- Ability to work with QA to introduce innovative methods for mobile platform testing.
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal.
- Self-starter, driven individual.
- Very good analytical skills.
- Team leader abilities.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities.
- Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationship.
- Ability to take initiative in the absence of direction.
- 3 or more years hands-on experience in language or technology needed at the time of application.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or another related Computer Technology program.
- Working knowledge of power point, word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available.
- Ability to excel in a team environment required; Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of company personnel and customers, both written and verbally.
- Strong analytical skills required with strong attention to detail and accuracy; Ability to source, disseminate and properly apply secondary research.
- Jenkins build server.
- Continuous integration systems.
- Experience with Git.
- Knowledge of Cucumber/Gherkin.
- TDD/BDD experience.
- Strong web UI design and implementation experience, including prototyping.
- iOS and/or React Native.
- Cloud - Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Strong experience with multi-threading and memory management.
- Prior experience as an Android Developer.
- Automotive Industry experience a plus.