Android SDK Architect / Software Architect
400 Renaissance Detroit, MI 48202
Android SDK Architect
- Work with customers, product team, stakeholders, UX experts, and the android platform engineering team to design and develop solutions to challenging problems, leading teams and providing guidance to more junior developers.
- You will be challenged to learn new things, use new technology, understand complex relationship with back office systems, and participate in the Infotainment and HMI community
- Provide thought leadership in embedded systems engineering and bring your passion for technology to motivate and inspire on a day to day basis.
- Take calculated risks, learn from success or failure, and apply that to the next problem in the pipeline.
- Carefully and thoroughly document designs using industry standard practices, including DFMEAs for all designs and products.
- Collaborate with other architecture organizations to establish unified and intelligent designs, robust interactions, and minimal code footprint required to deliver features.
- Do all this in a way that respects teamwork, diversity of opinion, and which maintains GM core values.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Kotlin, Android SDK and Java.
- Expertise in designing testable software and building large scale, complex Android applications.
- 5 years of building automotive grade software.
- Knowledge in many vehicle systems, including Navigation, Voice/Virtual Assistants, Connected Ecosystems, and Telematics
- Familiarity with toolsets to interact, manipulate, and log on connected vehicles, such as NeoVI tools, DPS tools, ADB, and many others.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- A solid software development foundation including competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Continuous delivery
- A demonstrated track record of being a change agent, leaving every team and process better than you found it
- Previous experience designing complex technical solutions for connected vehicle ecosystems on Android software platforms
Location: Detroit, MI (WFH initially)
Duration: 12+ month W2 Contract