Application Support Specialist
1000 Universal Studios Plaza orlando, FL 32819
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also an experienced Application Support Specialist looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the Entertainment Industry?
ektello is looking for an Application Support Specialist for one of our top multimedia clients in Orlando, Florida. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more.
This role will be working as part of an IT Operations Information Technology team supporting various miscellaneous smaller business vendor packaged applications. Note this is not a Service Desk position - it is part of Application IT team.
- Familiarity with common IT platforms and technologies: Windows, Linux, Firewalls, Switches, DBs, POS, Cloud, etc.
- Familiarity with databases (i.e. SQL Server, Oracle)
- Familiarity with Windows and/or UNIX platforms and scripting
- Able to perform software upgrades/patches
- Able to be on an on-call rotation
- Able to troubleshoot technical issues; working with vendors where necessary;
- Familiarity with programming languages like .Net, C++ and Java – ColdFusion a plus but will NOT be developing or creating applications.
- Strong IT security process understanding as it relates to Applications (i.e. using AD/LDAP authentication).
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems and document solutions
- Strong teamwork ethic.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects with multiple deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify process gaps
- Ability to manage priorities
- Interface with customers, colleagues, management, and project stakeholders, as needed, to ensure overall success
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with internal groups as well as with customers.
- Proven experience to work as part of a team and to deliver one or several projects simultaneously.
- Self-starter and able to work independently, while also able to share responsibilities, ideas and other information.
- Proven ability to work with cross functional teams, vendors and 3rd party resources
WHAT YOU BRING
- Very good understanding and awareness of the ITIL principles.
- Able to perform change management functions (i.e. providing test evidences, filling out paperwork for change board)
- Project Management experience a plus
- ITIL Certification a plus
- Bachelor’ s degree in IT a must.