633 3rd Avenue-5th fl New York, NY 10017
Solution Enterprise Architect
As an experienced application architect, you will work with cross-functional teams, vendors, peers, and leadership helping to create next-generation solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your knowledge of agile requirements analysis, contemporary design practices, modern development processes & tools, and effective testing strategies will help your team meet the standards to satisfy functional and non-functional business requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to provide insight with regards to Architecture, gain alignment and push for solutions alignment.
- Senior, technical individual experienced with architecture operations, standards, and project management
- The successful candidate is a technical leader, who will help to drive the architecture, road map and build of platform strategy in support of the client’ s data and digital platform for an enterprise wide digital transformation
- They will possess a track record of driving a technology innovation agenda and will exhibit significant influencing skills and the ability to influence without direct management.
- They have done Solution Enterprise Architecture, leading the overall Enterprise architecture. This person needs to have experience in setting up the architecture for a company, putting processes and procedures in place, defining standards, run solutions alignment meetings, etc.
- Architect will set up some architecture standards and operations, working closely with existing Enterprise Architects (new to their roles), and with the Chief Digital Officer. This Architect needs to be well versed in upward communication, as they will need to be able to craft messages ( translate progress, hurdles, expectations to executives, etc.) for the CDO, CTO, CIO, as well as help implement structure in the lean architecture team.
- Experience in complex IT environments performing systems planning, architecture design, engineering, and optimization
- Broader understanding of technology delivery – UX, dev, QA, and production management
- Familiarity with important standards, tools, and techniques
- Previous experience with several languages and programming paradigms
- Experience working with no-SQL databases like Cassandra and streaming platforms like Kafka
- Knowledge of Big Data and related technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc.
- Previous experience in Cloud and On-Prem architecture
- Must be able to document process
- Experience in Operation Models
- Moving into an Agile environment
- Translating Digital work
- Hands on architecture experience
- Environment is hybrid cloud - would prefer someone with Azure / AWS
- Microservices experience
- Container (Kubernetes) experience
Location: New York, NY (Midtown Manhattan)
Work Environment: Position will start remote (COVID-19 restrictions)
Duration: 12+ month Contract