Associate I/II - Software Developer - C++/Python/Unreal
William Durant Boulevard - Warren, MI 48092
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Digital UX Designer/Developer for one of the most iconic clients in Detroit, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
Java Software Developer
*** Client will not allow C2C arrangements ***
The Java Software Developer is responsible for developing software applications using sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with the client' s software development project methodology. This role will work hands-on writing code based on detailed requirements and system specifications. Developers may specialize in a particular software package or coding language. Development activities will include updating existing software and/or developing new programs to address a specific need or solve a particular business problem. This role will contribute to all development activities in accordance with appropriate methodologies (e.g. Agile, Incremental, Spiral...), application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process.
1. Full lifecycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
2. Coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages
3. Software testing and quality assurance
4. Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
5. Document software code and ensure that technical documentation i.e. configuration guides, install guides meet requirements
6. Integrate software with existing systems
7. Maintain standards compliance
8. Implement localization or globalization of software
9. Work closely with senior developers and software engineers to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
10. Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues such as code quality, pattern mismatch, and security issues related to the code/configuration
11. Automates testing processes by developing unit test scripts, as needed
12. Develops technical specifications for COTS software and configures various products based on specifications. Interacts with COTS supplier technical teams to identify configuration requirements
Required Skills and Experience
This position is for a developer on the Environment Mgmt & Tools Development team. They will create and execute automated environment build out tools and/or execute environment build outs, troubleshoot maintenance.
Technical Expertise in the following software/tools required:
• Java Programing (Debugging Skills)• WebLogic Administration
• Unix/Linux, Shell Scripting
• ITIL Process Knowledge
• VM Ware Tools
• Configuration ManagementDemonstrated
Experience from at least two areas:
• Microsoft: ASP.NET/VB.NET/C#/VC++/MFC, Microsoft Dynamics, Sharepoint
• Mainframe: COBOL, Mainframe, IMS• Frameworks: Struts, Spring, .NET, Jquery, ExtJS
• Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, PL/SQL Programming, Stored Procedure Development, Performance Tuning, Data warehouses/ETL tools
• NoSQL: Hadoop, Casandra
• Web Application Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, TomCat, IIS
• Other: Business Intelligence, Mobile Development, Oracle SOA, SAP, Peoplesoft, Teamcenter/NX
• Development Environments: Eclipse, Jdeveloper, Visual Studio
• Major Standards: AJAX, JSON
• OS: Linux, UNIX, Android, iOS
• Tools: QC/ALM, Performance Center, QTP, Selenium, Subversion, Rally, Teamforge, Rational suite, Hudson/Jenkins, Sonar
• Methodologies: Agile, Spiral, Waterfall, Iterative
Preferred Skills and Experience
1. Ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
2. Good knowledge of mathematical and statistical principles and formulas.
3. Assists the Associate Eng in designing programs and databases.
4. Demonstrated ability to write, edit, and debug software to achieve desired output.
5. Working closely with management team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
6. Providing advice, training and technical support for various projects.
7. Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
8. Ability to understand what code scales well and what does not
9. Ability to document what needs to be done
10. Ability to document what you have done.
Education and Training
• Bachelor' s degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
Experience: Typical: 3-5 years in the business environment
Location: Warren, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract (13 months)