Automation Test Engineer
400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, MI 48243
Automated Test Engineer (#6582)
The position is responsible for developing automation scripts using sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with software development project methodology. The Automated Test Engineer will write automation scripts based on detailed requirements and system specifications. Developers may specialize in a particular software package or coding language. Development activities will include updating existing scripts and/or framework to address a specific need or solve a particular business problem.
- Full lifecycle automation script development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
- Coding, unit testing and debugging scripts
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Integrate automation scripts with existing systems while maintaining standards compliance
- Assist with global implementation and maintenance of automation framework
- Work closely with developers and software engineers to gain additional knowledge and expertise.
Additional Major Duties/Responsibilities:
- Create test cases, conduct risk analysis and execute as needed.
- Review software specifications, designs, and code to improve overall quality of the product.
- Conduct exploratory testing to identify risk areas or early warning signs
- Document user scenarios for a product and/or service.
- Create medium to large automated test cases to exercise a product or service from an end to end perspective.
- Log and report test results in Jira and/or ALM
Required Skills and Experience.
- 4 yrs experience of automation scripting
- 4 yrs experience in creation of test automation framework, design and test scripts
- Knowledge of BDD (Behavior Driven Development) and TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Experience with Cucumber, TestNG, Junit, etc.
- Tools: QC/ALM, Performance Center, QTP, Selenium, Subversion, Rally, Teamforge, Rational suite, Hudson/Jenkins, Sonar
- Methodologies: Agile, Spiral, Waterfall, Iterative
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- Demonstrates some understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to " think outside the box".
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Ability document deliverables and comprehend techniques offered by developers
- Demonstrated ability to write, edit, and debug automation scripts to achieve desired output.
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract (12+ months)