BI Business Analyst
999 W Big Beaver Troy, Michigan 48084
Business Intelligence Business Analyst
ektello is actively seeking creative, innovative, team-oriented individuals who are passionate about bettering the client’ s brand and its ongoing mission to significantly enhance the way people live, work and play.
The Business Intelligence Business Analyst works with stakeholders from all business units to define and document reporting requirements to support operational, performance management and analytical business needs. The BI BA also works closely with the Data Warehouse and Applications teams as well as related third parties to identify and understand data definitions, relationships and business rules that are required for delivery of reports.
- Elicit and document requirements for IT delivery of reports, dashboards, cubes and other BI semantic layers to support business self-service reporting.
- Research and analyze data used for business operations, decision-making and performance improvement.
- Perform data profiling, data mapping and data analysis as input to Data Warehouse Data Modeling, Data Integration and BI Development efforts.
- Assist with Quality Assurance testing of reports and semantic layers. May facilitate User Acceptance testing and assist with User Support and Training.
- Facilitate process to drive out requirements from all levels of business and technical groups using collaborative methods. Works closely with the Project Manager, Business Leaders and Stakeholders.
- Ability to interact effectively with non-technical, functional user community while being able to translate customer needs, business and detail data requirements to technical delivery team.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Rationalize and negotiate from a perspective of what’ s best for our client overall.
- Deliver well-organized documentation & presentations, participate in project teams, provide work effort estimates and provide regular status reporting.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner. Communicates needed changes to development team
- Understand business needs and ensure compliance to our client’ s global standards including Data Privacy and Security
- 5-7+ years of Business Analysis experience in Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence
- Experience defining requirements for reports, dashboards, cubes and other semantic layers to support business self-service reporting
- Hand-on experience using BI Reporting & Analytics tools
- Must have worked in an Enterprise Data Warehousing environment
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into report requirements
- Ability to interact effectively with technical and non-technical teams to articulate and resolve data issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing business analysis timelines and deliverables around multiple projects
- Experience in managing customer expectations effectively
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Thinks “ outside the box” to generate fresh ideas/approaches
- Staffing Industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with erecruit is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.