BPC Senior Developer
100 Universal City Plaza 1440 Bldg Universal City, California 91618
BPC Senior Developer
Our client is one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information. They own and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premiere motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
- Implement solutions to solve business problems in the area of financial planning and operational planning using SAP BPC HANA/NW.
- Configure processes in SAP BPC using EPM skills, BADI, script logics and computations.
- Review & participate in solution build and test activities on BPC implementations, rollouts, upgrade projects; may be asked to step in to conduct project management activities from time to time.
- Participate, support and advise on solution roadmap for BPC projects.
- Collaborate with peers in the Technology team to apply best practices to integrate with SAP applications (ERP, BW, BO and BPC).
- Assist, and lead when needed, to troubleshooting production support issues related to EPM / BPC.
- Enhance expertise in the area of SAP products relevant to Enterprise Performance Management, by keeping abreast of literature, participating in webi/seminars, industry and SAP events as necessary.
- Participate as part of our FP&A Service Delivery team for regular production support activities including issue analysis, documentation & prioritization, defect management and testing.
- Collaborate with technical teams to provide input on technical solutions and support end to end solution delivery.
- Build effective relationships within a matrixed organization with other IT teams, Controllership & Film Finance contacts within Business Units to support change request solution design & testing.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business from an accredited institution or equivalent.
- 5+ years of progressive Outlook soft/SAP BPC MS and/or BPC NetWeaver hands on experience leading up to senior administrator level work in a IT capacity developing planning solutions of high complexity and large scale.
- This role requires prior hands-on experience in implementing BPC as technical/functional analyst with EPM skills to develop templates, configuration of new environments/models, dimensions, script logics and computations using BPC skills.
- BADI skill is desired but not necessary.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess interpersonal skills to engage and collaborate in a team environment.
- Self-starter to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a keen desire to learn and expand depth of knowledge.
- Adherence to IT/SAP project methodologies, and change control processes.
- Familiarity and comfort in working with a variety of support models with onsite & offshore resources.
- Willingness to work off business hours and weekends as required for production support when issues arise.
- Proven experience completing assigned tasks on multiple projects with tight deadlines successfully.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills able to identify flexible and forward-thinking IT solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communications – ability to communicate to all levels of the organization, both business and IT.
- Strong understanding of IT project management SDLC processes and methodologies, such as Waterfall, Agile Scrum and associated best practices.
- Experience with Media/Entertainment.
- Prior experience supporting financial based ERP applications.
- BPC EPM 10.1 HANA or NetWeaver experience.
- Migration experience from MS to NW platform for BPC.
- Familiarity with SAP ERP for FICO, BW in a functional capacity.
- Project time and cost estimation ability.
- SQL server knowledge.
- .NET understanding.
- ABAP knowledge.
- Experience with studio based accounting practices.
- Passionate learner and follower of industry and technical trends.