Back end Java / Enterprise Software Engineer III
400 Renaissance Center Detroit, MI 48243
JAVA / J2EE Developer | Enterprise Software Engineer III
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- This position will provide a qualified candidate the opportunity to work on architecting applications and components for the next generation of the Vehicle Connectivity ecosystem.
- As a member of the Architecture team, this individual will work hand in hand with business stakeholders and engineers throughout the entire product development lifecycle to define and design the infotainment experience.
- This individual will also work with architects on interconnected systems to propose additions and changes enabling new groundbreaking uses to re-define the driving experience.
- The position will be a part of the architecture team that has accountability for the development of the infotainment back office which also enable the user to utilize both the Infotainment and the available App Framework more fully.
- Define, design, build, test, deploy, and support software products
Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience designing and developing software using Java and Java constructs in a UNIX environment in one or more of the following domains:
- Enterprise Services - JSE required; Java/JEE Patterns preferred
- Web Services - RESTful, XML/JSON, JMS preferred
- Successful candidate with likely have 7+ years of experience and a Bachelor’ s degree; Experience designing 5+ products with an advanced skill mastery
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone' s efforts to succeed
- Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs workflows and procedures
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
- Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organizations strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention
Location: Detroit, MI (Remote work initially)
Duration: 12+month W2 Contract