34405 W. 12 Mile Suite 375 Farmington Hills, Michigan 48331
ektello is searching for a Backend Developer for one of our top clients in the vehicle inspection industry. Our client has been the standard in vehicle inspections since 2005 and has provided coverage through North America since. With over 1, 200 employees and state-of-the-art technology, our client has inspected millions of vehicles annually. Our client is uniquely equipped with industry-leading customer service, competitive pricing, advanced IT solutions and a national footprint — all in the industry’ s first truly independent, objective, third-party inspection company.
- Diagnose and resolve production support issues
- Participate in the design and coding of technical solutions
- Create application technical designs
- Create application code using best practice coding standards
- Participate in code reviews
- Unit test all developed modules
- Work with Business Analysts in the development and execution of test plans
- Help research and troubleshoot programming issues as they are identified through QA
- Provide data support to operations personnel and management as requested
- Demonstrate experience and skills in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) like PostgreSOL by writing complex SOL queries, functions and packages
- Desire and ability to learn new programming languages and skills
- Working knowledge/experience of one or more programming languages including, but not limited to: Java, Python, Node.js, Angular.js
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities;
- Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized;
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm;
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationship
- 5+ years of work related experience
- Experience should include working on J2EE architecture with Object Oriented Development in Java, JMS, Hibernate, and Spring
- Other languages such as Node.js, and Python a plus
- Hands-on experience with SOAP, WSDL and other web service technologies
- Working experience with databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving application defects
- Experience using Cl/CD build systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience of working in a Scrum team and Agile concepts.
- Maintain safety, security, and privacy standards throughout all areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor' s Degree in Computer Science or other related Computer Technology program, Engineering or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of power point, word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available. Proficient in System Administration and Networking concepts.
- Ability to excel in a team environment required. Must be able to successfully interface with I.T. and all our client departments. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, process-focused with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, be willing to take initiative, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment with many competing responsibilities
- Planning/Organizing Team Player
- Detail Oriented Ability to Multi Task
- Computer/Technical Literacy
- Jenkins build server
- TDD/BDD experience
- Cloud - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Data Modeling experience
- Database Design Experience