Big Data Engineer
6625 Excellence Way Plano, TX 75023
Big Data Engineer
**Long Term W2 contract, Onsite in Plano, TX**
Responsible for completing our transition into fully automated operational reports across different functions within Care (including repair operations, contact center, digital support, product quality and finance) and for bringing our Care Big Data capabilities to the next level by designing and implementing a new analytics governance model, with emphasis on architecting consistent root cause analysis procedures resulting in enhanced operational and customer engagement results.
The main function of the Data Engineer is to develop, evaluate, test and maintain architectures and data solutions within our organization. The typical Data Engineer executes plans, policies, and practices that control, protect, deliver, and enhance the value of the organization’ s data assets.
- Design, construct, install, test and maintain highly scalable data management systems.
- Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices.
- Design, implement, automate and maintain large scale enterprise data ETL processes.
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models and proof of concepts.
- Proven understanding and hands on experience with Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Impala, and Spark
- Experienced in Data ingestion, manipulation, tables, and aggregation.
- Experienced in SQL queries, aggregation and manipulation, as well as basic data structures in Python
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborate with data architects, modelers and IT team members on project goals.
- Strong PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint.
- Bachelor' s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
- 3+ years of demonstrated technical proficiency with Hadoop and big data projects
- Ideally 5-7 total years of experience, and process certification, such as, Six Sigma, CBPP, BPM, ISO 20000, ITIL, CMMI.
#INDSTD 9106 569
Meet Your Recruiter
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.