Bioinformatics Scientist 14
13 South Dr Bethesda, MD 20892
ektello is working with NIH to find a talented and driven Bioinformatics Scientist for a team based out of MD. This is a multi-year contract that comes with exceptional benefits including medical benefit options, PTO, paid holidays, 401k savings program, and competitive rates. Must be willing and able to work on W2 without sponsorship.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related discipline; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Master’ s degree is equivalent to a Ph.D. Minimum of four (4) years of related experience with strong programming and database skills.
- Fluency in writing scripts in Perl and/or Python, and R.
- Ability to visualize and generate figures to graphically represent complex data using R.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Mac OS.
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse team and sensitivity to the needs for maintaining the privacy of research participants.