111 TW Alexander dr Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
ektello is working to find a talented and professional Bioinformatics Scientist to join a team based out of Research Triangle Park, NC. This is a multiyear contract and includes competitive pay rates, outstanding PTO/paid holiday plans, medical benefit options, and 401k savings programs. Must be willing to work on w2 contract without sponsorship.
- Collaborate with the mass spectrometry group to recommend and perform computational approaches for analyzing and interpreting proteomic/metabolomic data as well as prepare and present the results based on the scientific objectives.
- Conduct routine data analyses; develop customized analytical strategies for each project; deliver summary reports and visualization of results; assist with interpretation.
- Support the mass spectrometry group in developing custom pipelines for data acquisition, metadata tagging, management and archiving.
- Develop and maintain custom software and pipelines as well as evaluate and utilize commercial and open-source software for proteomics and metabolomic analyses.
- Establish reproducible data analysis pipelines and standard operating procedures; provide detailed documentations for methodologies so they can be reproduced and applied to similar studies.
- Develop analytical approaches to integrate multiple omics data generated internally as well as use of publicly available datasets.
- Proficiently apply statistical software and associated bioinformatics packages related to mass spectrometry-based omics data.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Bioinformatics, or a related discipline; three (3) years of specialized experience plus a Master’ s degree is equivalent to a Ph.D.; five (5) years of specialized experience plus a Bachelor’ s degree is equivalent to a Ph.D. degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a related field
- Minimum of two (2) years of related experience in a mass spectrometry-based proteomics or metabolomics research environment or in a core facility setting.
- General knowledge of common proteomic and metabolomic assays and techniques including LC/MS/MS. This knowledge could arise from coursework, conferences, tutorials, or seminars.
- Knowledge and experience with mass spectrometry-based proteomics, metabolomics or lipidomic data analysis, open sources programs, commercial software, and public data resources.
- Proficiency in working in a UNIX/LINUX environment, and with at least one UNIX based scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.,),
- Proficiency with statistical/mathematical software such as R/MATLAB or equivalent and associated bioinformatics libraries/packages.
- Experience in developing and implementing algorithms and pipelines for the processing omics data.
- Experience with proteomics, metabolomics or lipidomic data.
- Ability to write manuscripts for publication, and record of high-quality publications and oral presentations.