1211 Avenue of America New York, NY 10112
Title: Broadcast Engineer
Location: New York, NY
Duration: 60-day Contract-to-Hire
Salary: $40 hr - $48 hr
This position is an NABET Daily Hire Local 11 Represented job. Successful candidate will be required to join the NABET Local 11 Union upon employment if not already a member.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
NABET Engineers work in a fast-paced operations environment supporting WNBC’ s 24/7 TV Operations. This assignment is at our 30 Rockefeller Center facility in NYC.
WNBC NABET Daily Hire Maintenance Engineer responsibilities to include (and are not limited to)
- Support of Control Room and Studio Systems: Switcher, Audio Console, Cameras, Multiviewer, etc.
- Maintain on-air systems, QOS, continuity, confirm all systems meet ATSC specifications for Over The Air and Cable providers
- Configure and maintain MPEG encoders, statistical multiplexers, PSIP generators, and other associated distribution products
- Maintaining on-air continuity by providing general maintenance support for WNBC.
- Communicate with the operations staff to understand/discuss equipment problems in order to troubleshoot.
- Proficient with AutoCAD to document new and modified installations
- Logging of all equipment problems to provide effective communication of issues to coworkers, management and vendors.
- Undertake Projects as assigned
- Perform system level troubleshooting of technical facilities, including, but not limited to, transmission, broadcast equipment, control rooms, servers and applications.
- Overall understanding and knowledge of the television production process, broadcast operations, automation, production and distribution technologies.
- Understanding of Terminal gear, IRDs, MPEG ASI Encoders, PSIP generators
- Minimum 5 years of recent experience in a broadcast environment
- Minimum 5 years of experience with digital television (SD & HD-SDI, IP) as well maintaining core technical/plant facilities and audio (embedded, discreet, 5.1)
- Strong Computer Client/Server skills / Proficiency in Networking Technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated through previous experience
- Must be well-organized and self-motivated to take on tasks as required to serve the clients’ needs
- Must provide users and clients with professional, courteous, and timely technical support.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
- Must be able to lift equipment packages weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must ensure a clean and safe work environment
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Ability to work all shifts, weekends and/or holidays (24-7 facility)
- BA Degree in Electronic Engineering, or minimum 5 years’ experience in the required fields.
- Networking Knowledge: Cisco Internetworking, TCP/IP, Multicast, UDP Networks etc.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to ever-changing broadcast environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in a “ live” broadcast environment