641 lexington avenue New York, NY 10017
If you’ re passionate about the idea of working for one of the worlds most renowned cancer institutions, then look no further!
ektello is passionate about leading the search for the next Budget Associate in New York City to join our client the leading Cancer Research Hospital in the area. This role is an exciting opportunity for a Budget Associate to participate and make an impact in an industry that is genuinely impacting the worlds’ health!
Financial and Budget Coordination
- Under the direct supervision of the Finance Manager, formats and enter data related to funded, salary, and capital budgets reports
- Prepares for Finance Manager’ s approval monthly budget variance reports
- Monitors COGNOS Financial Systems to ensure accurate postings of departmental salary and supply expenditures.
- Prepares and ensures completion of Payroll and Cost Transfers MEM fund cost centers and funds.
- Assists in the development of, and maintains detailed spreadsheets of moderate complexity specific to the department’ s expenses.
- Prepare for Manager’ s approval ad hoc reports
- Reviews Quarterly Effort Reports and communicates appropriate adjustments to Research Fund Manager.
- Monitors and prepares draft monthly reports on expense trends for MEM and SKI Funds to be approved by Finance Manager.
- Prepares Quarterly MEM and Funds report
Reporting and Analysis
- Prepares various detailed routine and ad hoc reports including, but not limited to; quarterly volume and financial summaries, staffing vacancies, with an appropriate level of supervision by the Finance Manager, depending upon the complexity of the analysis (analyses).
- Collects and maintains data utilizing multiple databases
- Supports the analysis of financial impact regarding current and new programs, research issues and needs, changes in staffing patterns, etc. through data mining and manipulation with an appropriate level of supervision by the Finance manager, depending on the level of complexity of the analysis (analyses).
- Completes ad hoc request for fellows/other requests for information in compliance with Privacy Policies, to be approved by the Finance Manager.
- In Finance Manager’ s absence, responsible for intake and completion of all ad-hoc and routine reporting, with final review/approval by Administrator prior to distribution.
Clerical and Data Collection and Support
- Provides routine office support to the Financial Manager to ensure the continuous flow and organization of paperwork, including answering phones, filing, photocopying, faxing, researching, coordinating meeting between multiple participants, distributing materials, and any other general office assistance needed.
- Communicates the status of assignments, routine projects, and special projects with the Financial Manager via meetings, emails, and documentation of work.
- Develops tracking mechanism to report status of financial and HR paperwork in conjunction with Financial Manager and Administrator.
- Provides support to Finance Manager and Funds Coordinator through facilitating downloads from financial systems and data entry for reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Printing and preparing Account Distributions and Employee Profiles, or requesting them from Research Fund Management for Employees
- Runs Account Distributions Validation Report biweekly and prepares Account Distributions for review by Finance Manager.
- Escalates issues with funding gaps to Finance Manager.
- Prepares paperwork for staff promotions
- BA – in Accounting / Finance related field. MA preferred
- 4+yrs of professional experience in a financial setting. They need exposure to debits/credits and understand the fundamentals of budget details
- Opportunity to learn from the person in the role, opportunity to go perm.