Business/ BI Data Analyst
900 Sylvan Ave Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
Business / BI Data Analyst - Financial Systems Content Distribution Technology
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Duration: 6 month W2 contract
The Business Analyst is a key member of the Content Distribution technology team reporting to the Finance Systems Engagement Manager, Content Distribution Technology. She/he will assist with requirements gathering & enhancements support for operational areas of BI, Reporting, Data visualization tools & applications used by Revenue Operations, FP&A and Pricing teams groups within the Content Distribution division.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Work closely with key business stakeholders (Revenue Operations, FP&A, Pricing), to understand, document and translate business requirements into technical specifications for data intelligence reporting and visualization tools & Dashboards.
- Perform Cross-functional requirements gathering for reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions in critical reporting initiatives
- Collaborate with business partners to gather priorities for BI & Reporting sprint planning activities.
- Shephard deliverables through business review, user acceptance testing and production rollout.
- Partner closely with the Quality Team with QA resources & application owners in the, development, and implementation of automated regression scripting for key financial applications.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis & solutioning to business inquiries. Work with business partners to gather priorities for BI & Reporting sprint planning activities.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Excellent communication skills… Listening, presenting, facilitating… across functions + levels, both internal + external
- Exceptional organization skills, drive for operational excellence and highly customer focused
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Can-do attitude; thorough, highly detail oriented
- Experience in facilitation and collaboration with business and technical resources.
- 4+ years of experience as a business analyst.
- Past experience with visualization tools, Tableau, Power BI.
- Highly proficient with working with with large-scale, complex datasets & Models.
- Basic understanding of software design, underlying architecture and ability to work with technical staff on support and troubleshooting.
- Solid technical background understanding data warehouse modeling, ETL concepts OLAP, data sets, etc
- Ability to work well with technical and non-technical staff across numerous areas.
- Media/Entertainment Industry experience (desirable)