Business Analyst 1
100 Renaissance Center Detroit, MI 48243
Senior Analyst – Retail Planning and Incentives
- Responsible for leading comprehensive analysis of GM and competitor sales, market share and program analysis
- Examine efficiency and effectiveness of incentive programs and deliver learnings to divisions to improve the implementation of the Divisions annual incentive spending target by vehicle
- Forecast sales lift from proposed incentive programs to address sales risk/ opportunities.
- Propose optimal incentive programs to achieve monthly and annual sales and profit objectives.
- Use prior experience from managing/creating metrics, tools, and learnings for advising the most optimal incentive to achieve the objective(s).
- Collaborate with IT to create statistical models to better understand incentive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide detailed insight into daily, monthly, and annual industry and segment size to establish the short-term industry segment forecast
- Develop comprehensive reports of month-end sales results to prepare USSM leadership for the monthly press release and interviews with media and industry analysts
- Analyze industry news and trends to determine impact on GM performance
Critical Skills Required
- Highly motivated with strong work ethic and initiative
- Ability to think strategically and integrate many different perspectives and viewpoints
- Must be able to generate, comprehend and display information from various data sources into a cohesive story that explains the key drivers of trends
- Exceptional analytical ability with attention to detail
- Pull data and analyze the results to create standard reports that support organization decision-making
- Respond to numerous ad-hoc requests for data and industry insights in a timely manner
- Ability to assess impact of complex scenarios and communicate insights and alternatives
- Excellent presentation and oral communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines consistently
- Knowledge of automotive market, GM products and competitive environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with different functions across the organization
Additional Preferred Qualifications/Experience
- Experience in Leading Analytical Teams, Advanced Automotive Analytics and Forecasting, Market Research, Order Fulfillment, Production Scheduling, and/or Field Sales
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 12+ month contract