Business Analyst 2
400 Renaissance Center Detroit, MI 48243
Business Analyst 2
As a team member, the Business Analyst (BA) is the business process expert for a business area and the systems that support it. Utilizing knowledge of the systems’ applications and business domain expertise, the BA is involved in all aspects of project creation; from discovery and estimation of IT solutions for new and/or enhanced services or optimized business processes to active participation in assigned IT projects from start through deployment. Facilitating a partnership between the business and technical communities the BA is responsible to drive elicitation of quality requirements, proper documentation and follow through to ensure translation into conceptual design and alignment with IT solutions that meet the business needs.
The BA will work closely with Architects, developers and other IT stakeholders to perform the following tasks using a combination of solid business understanding, strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as excellent interviewing and facilitation techniques:
- Support development of business problem definition and initial proposal and IT estimate for application/system solution
- Serve as domain and/or project requirements lead for medium to large projects, managing and planning project requirements activities in accordance with project schedule
- Facilitate meetings/requirements gathering sessions with the business using various requirements elicitation techniques: interviewing, modeling, use case development, etc.
- Assist with preparation of testing strategy and plan to execute testing
- Analyze conventional methods employed by business and users and recommend IT solutions
- Document, analyze and prioritize business and user requirements
- Acts on behalf of the business owner or product owner to meet the needs of the Scrum Development Team and assure product delivery.
- Ability to lead scrum activities.
- Develops a clear understanding of the customer’ s needs and defines a Product Backlog
- Constantly re-prioritizes the Product Backlog based on customer feedback, market changes and business priority.
- Determines the appropriate product Release Date and Content
- Actively manage internal and external stakeholders
- Accept or reject the product teams work results at each Sprint Review meeting
- Maintain a basic knowledge of software development
- Provide regular reporting including product spend, scope, schedule and planning
- Manages the integration and communications among applications, databases and technology platform teams
- Administers company technology practices, standards and procedures
- Manages an inventory of technology related assets hardware, software, application systems, databases, licenses, products.
- Makes decisions based on documented business opportunities, benefits, risks, and success factors of potential applications
- Lead and drive user interface requirements to provide a streamlined user experience
- Identify issues and business operations-related problems and/or inquiries and recommend and coordinate solutions
- Inform team members about on-going discussions with the business
- Engage with Operations and Sustain teams to understand and assist with achieving application Sustain goals and objectives
- Elicit key requirements to support sustainability
- Participate in testing output to verify look and feel meets the requirements of the business
- 5 to 10 years business analyst experience supporting medium to large projects in an Information Technology role.
- Experience in Agile methodologies, Scrum activities.
- Experience with architectural concepts, principles, and tools relevant to infrastructure, information, applications, organizational structure, etc.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Experience required with process engineering and/or requirements management/elicitation tools such as HP-ALM, Collabnet TeamForge, etc.
- Prior experience with user interface visualizations & visualization tools
- Required: Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent business experience
- Preferred: Advanced degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- Preferred: Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)
- Preferred: Certification in software modeling and prototyping tools such as IBM/Rational and iRise
- Highly knowledgeable of the Business Process
- Effective use of business assessment tools:
- Feasibility studies
- Business cases and/or cost/benefits
- Project sizing and costing
- Current state analysis/needs assessments
- Effective use of business modeling tools:
- Process and workflow modeling
- Comprehension of data modeling concepts, principles, and tools relevant to information, applications, organizational structure, and design
- Clear and effective writer and documenter
- Adept and effective meeting facilitator
- Experienced and skilled user of office productivity tools:
- Advance knowledge of Word
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of test strategies, test plans and text execution
- Demonstrated leader/proactive
- Excellent communicator/information sharer
- Exceptional interviewing, probing, influencing skills
- Active listener
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team builder, motivator, coach and trainer
- Problem/Solution oriented
- Time/prioritization management skills
- Attentiveness to detail and precision
- Objective – ability to take and give constructive feedback
- Effectively deals with ambiguity
- Strong presentation skills
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 6-month Contract