34405 W. 12 Mile Suite 375 Farmington Hills, MI 48331
IT Business Analyst
Farmington Hills, MI
ektello is searching for an IT Business Analyst for one of our top clients in the vehicle inspection industry. Our client has been the standard in vehicle inspections since 2005 and has provided coverage through North America since. With over 1, 200 employees and state-of-the-art technology, our client has inspected millions of vehicles annually. Our client is uniquely equipped with industry-leading customer service, competitive pricing, advanced IT solutions and a national footprint — all in the industry’ s first truly independent, objective, third-party inspection company.
Essential Job Functions:
• Elicit, analyze, validate, specify, verify, and manage product’ s vision, project scope, high level business requirements and functional requirements from the product owner and project stakeholders
• Assist in analyzing a broadly-defined area and using functional decomposition to define high-level epics and stories to create a well-organized, value-driven framework to provide the required business value in the Product Backlog.
• Assist in Ensuring individual stories are very clear and concise and are easy to understand and implement by the development team. Define and express the business value the story is intended to provide (the “ so that” clause of the user story). Provide the business perspective for the development team.
• Identify related user stories and epics, grouping them into themes as necessary and documenting the interrelationship and associated business process flows as necessary.
• Integrate and document the needs of related projects as well as the needs of different stakeholders to produce an overall solution.
• Manage requirements trace-ability information and track requirements status throughout the project
• Identify ways to assist product owner in product road-map planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates.
• Serve as a conduit between the business stakeholders and the software development team through which requirements flow.
• Work with Product Owner to prioritize product back log
• Solve application and process related problems by assisting in the creation of process documentation.
• Communicate and document business requirements for reports and applications development.
• Must have a Bachelors Degree (MBA preferred)
• Automotive Industry experience a plus
• At least 3 years of professional Experience as a Business Analyst
• Experience with SQL
• Capable of performing source code analysis
• Capable of performing root cause analysis
• Proven track record of understanding complex and nuanced written and verbal information
• Deep understanding of business and stakeholder concerns
The following skills would be a bonus:
• Previous experience working in an Agile environment (SCRUM)
• Knowledge of international business to facilitate contemplated global expansion
• Knowledge of HipChat, Bitbucket, Confluence, JIRA