Business Systems Analyst
30001 Van Dyke Ave, VEC Warren, MI 48093
Business Systems Analyst / Data Analyst
Working cross-functionally within Demand Supply as well as Logistics, Purchasing, IT, Engineering, and others, this position will be responsible for report execution and ad hoc creation, transitioning reports to self-service delivery through integration with Maxis and the data lake, and streamlining and consolidating existing reports where applicable to reduce manual workload.
- Responsible for logistics diversion costing and reporting (short shipping, rail flush, rail to truck, truck to rail, spot buy, rework product next CDL)
- Create, modify, and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly Finished Vehicle Operations reports
- Able to assist with the establishment of reports to be self-serve in Maxis
- Create a library of reports and users, understand where reports are not being used, and evolve some reports from pure data tables to data visualizations that can help drive insight
- Provide support in determination of standardized processes and creating them where needed.
- Support efforts to establish Demand/Supply metrics, data collection, and reporting across Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Order Fulfillment, Logistics, and Supply Chain.
- Provide business support for all strategic data projects within Demand Supply.
- Excellent working knowledge of Logistics and supply chains; Experience in Outbound Logistics
- Technical proficiency working with analytic platforms, databases and reporting tools (Tableau, Microsoft BI, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Experience in developing Power BI dashboards, KPI reports in BI/SQL, and self-service reports in Maxis
- Automation/transformation of old Excel/SharePoint/SQL reports into Power BI platform.
- Knowledge of data mining/analytics via data warehouse and SQL (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Practical knowledge of basic statistical and mathematical tools for problem solving and data analysis
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple, visual terms suitable to a wide cross-section of audiences (data storytelling)
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to work in sometimes ambiguous situations
- Ability to coordinate activities across multiple organizations within General Motors
- Project Management skills
- Bachelor’ s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Business, Engineering or Operations Management, Computer Science or Predictive Analytics; Master’ s degree preferred
Location: Warren, MI
Duration: Long-term Contract (12+ months)