Clinical Project Manager
800 Washington Avenue N, Suite 400 Minneapolis, MN 55401
As a product expert, the Clinical Project Manager will lead all aspects of the implementation, including onsite and remote workflow consultation and application training. They will provide guidance on the long-term operational use and optimization of the product. This role will also support the sales team by sharing product and implementation knowledge, leading product demonstrations and other tasks related to ensuring that prospects understand product functionality and value. This is a half-time position with an average of 20 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead detailed and engaging discussions with prospects and customers, eliciting their pain points and providing solutions via the client' s software
- Complete customer workflow assessments, develop and execute plan to incorporate customer workflow into the software solution
- Work with customers to integrate EMR and our client' s content
- Manage all aspects of the implementation process, including application training in both a “ train-the-trainer” environment and one-on-one with end users
- Engage with some customers post implementation and provide guidance as needed to ensure long-term utilization of the software
- Lead product demonstrations for prospects to support sales process
- Prepare and deliver executive level communications both written and verbal
- Travel domestically to provide implementation services
- Complete all administrative requirements in a timely and accurate manner
- Identify and document best practices for implementation
- Work closely with product team and provide feedback to improve product usability, implementation efficiency and effectiveness, and product supportability
- Maintain implementation documentation
- Assist in internal training and knowledge transfer as time permits
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Bachelor’ s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in a healthcare related field
5 years' software implementation and project management experience, EMR or CPOE preferred; clinical experience in nursing, pharmacy, lab, as well as clinical education and hospital IT implementation experience required.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Must be able to work both independently and as an integral part of a team
- Must be able to develop presentations, write reports and correspondence
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Leadership and presentation skills
- Project management experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Healthcare or biological sciences background
Travel Requirements and Physical Demands:
Travel required – 75-90% domestic, average of 20 hours per week. Will have full week of travel at times and no travel at times, schedule will vary based upon customer project timelines and requirements.
Must possess valid driver’ s license and be able to travel by air. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.