1221 Avenue of Americas New York, NY 100020
Are you familiar with one of the world’ s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a Cloud Engineer looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the Entertainment Industry?
ektello is looking for Cloud Engineer for one of our top multimedia clients in New York City. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more
- Collaborate cross functionally to develop our target state cloud architecture and supporting organization model along with the platform roadmap required to achieve that target state.
- Define multiyear platform strategy adjusting to new technologies and requirements as they evolve.
- Drive cloud/ technology discussions and facilitate decision with other teams within the organization.
- Executes POCs and feasibility studies to validate next-gen product concepts and technologies leveraging results to guide business and technology decisions.
- Enforce adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, governance, cost controls, etc.
- Drive technical designs to consensus and approval.
- Work with product owners and other functional teams to translate the roadmap into releases.
- Keep abreast of and gain expertise in the evolving technology and understand how new technologies could be applied to our Cloud offering.
- Stay current with IAAS & PAAS trends and incorporate emerging technology to benefit the platform.
- Research, test and understand the value of a containerized cloud.
- 4-5 years of experience in all aspects of cloud computing (infrastructure, storage, platforms and data) with a proven track-record implementing in large scale environments.
- Experience in cloud computing based services architecture, technical design and implementations including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS delivery models.
- Ability to script in JSON, Java
- Understanding of Terraform, GIT, ansible playbooks and cloud templating
- 2-3 years of experience with VMware VRealize suite including blueprints, orchestrator and Business Suite. Ability to work and communicate effectively and influence stakeholders on internal engineering teams, software development teams and strategic vendors.
- Ability to create top notch business cases for new technology proposals
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, networking, storage and cloud-based delivery models.
- Deep expertise in public cloud architecture and transformation strategy as well as product architecture.
- Knowledge of infrastructure design & server infrastructure implementation.
- Experience with networking and web standards such as DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, web security mechanisms, proxies, firewalls & application delivery controllers.
- Hands on experience with AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Balance of strategic and tactical skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to write technical documentation (platform architecture, strategy, engineering etc.)
- Scripting and / or programming experience of configuration management tools such as Puppet & Ansible
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent complex projects and to coordinate the work of others in the cloud environment.
- Experience with build tools, CI/CD, Devops and agile principles
- Experience building and supporting mission critical infrastructure for critical applications, running in a highly distributed manner.
- Possess an understanding of system testing including platform, integration, load and scale testing.
- Proficient at multitasking and proactive in work responsibilities
- B.S. degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or other technical discipline