Component Validation Engineer (CVE)
29755 Louis Chevrolet Rd. Warren, Michigan 48093
Component Validation Engineer
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Component Validation Engineer for one of the most iconic client in [location]. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
- Client Internal Planning
- Modify/update component specific Appendix G2, review with TIE, and upload to eSOR
- Attend supplier tech reviews and communicate specific ADVP&R requirements.
- Review and approve final supplier ADVP&R
- Support definition of the GMW3172 Code for SSTS/CTS Sections 3 & 4
- Support CTS/SSTS/FTS peer review.
- Define validation requirements for SSTS/CTS Section 4 including VCRI.
- Ensure validation is completed on-time with excellence
- Internal to Client
- Track the execution of component hardware validation
- CVE to update component scorecard weekly by noon on Thursdays.
- Verbally communicates program status to VVE where a change in status occurs
- Document test failures via PRTS.
- Support the TIE with Closed Loop Learning process for PRTS closure.
- CVE supports 5-phase creation for validation issues as needed
- Signs off on EWOs/TWOs at appropriate stages
- Escalates issues to validation leadership
- Supports SQE to issue PRR
- Evaluate impacts to program team change requests (CR/DN)
- Reviews and approves deviation EWOs with CVE Manager.
- CVE supports PPAP sign-off by signing validation approval.
- Facilitate validation coordination meeting with supplier validation representatives.
- Actively participates in all aspects of the DREs PDT.
- Support program team meetings as needed
- Support design peer reviews, HVF activities and wiring WHAs per program timing.
- Support DRBFM
- Support component DRBTR with supplier
- Attend vehicle level DRBTR events as needed
- CVE supports DFMEA meetings