Congos Reporting Technical Trainer
3009 Post Oak Blvd Suite 1100 Houston, Texas 77056
Cognos Reporting Technical Trainer
Do you have advanced capabilities in collecting and analyzing financial data? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, no-holds bar work environment? Well, this role is for you!
ektello is seeking a Cognos Reporting Technical Trainer for one of our top finance clients in Houston, Texas. Our client has made a name for itself as a powerhouse in finance industry for the past 65 years. As of 2015, our client has an annual revenue of $3.6 billion as well as 19, 000 employees worldwide in operations spanning over 40 countries across Europe, North America, and more.
- Maintain courseware and instruction ensuring it represents the current released products for Congos in the Passport application.
- Ensure a full understanding of planned releases and impacts to training product and training instruction.
- Coordinate courseware changes and impacts with colleagues and design refresher training if required.
- Produce client specific training content based on agreed scope of projects.
- Ensure proper tracking of training attendance and evaluation results per session.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Communication, Organizational Design, Psychology, or other equivalent curriculum that focuses on learning theory and/or solutions.
- Preferred Experience designing and developing complex software documentation.
- Required Experience delivering virtual and in person training courses.
- Strong consulting capability with expert interpersonal, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Strong level of professionalism, executive presence and credibility.
- Proficient experience managing projects, planning and execution, from a timeline and cost perspective.
- Able to effectively challenge and influence peers and customers.
- Familiar with current learning and performance improvement industry standards, approaches, and innovations.
- Comfort with troubleshooting technology under pressure, both in and out of the classroom is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products required (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and Excel).
- Expert with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects, multiple sets of documentation and deliverables as well as the ability to accurately estimate level of effort and production dates.
- High commitment to excellence, collaboration and team achievement.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team environment or independently as required.
- Graduate degree preferred, but not required.
- Preferred Minimum of 5 (+) years’ experience in training Cognos business intelligence software.
- Preferred Minimum of 5 (+) years’ experience in a software training and instructional design.
- Preferred Minimum of 5 (+) years’ experience in client services and project management.
- Preferred Minimum of 5 (+) years’ experience in instructional design and development of software training programs.
- Preferred Minimum of 5 (+) years’ experience developing courseware (instructional materials, guides, eLearning, etc.).
- Preferred experience with Adobe Creative Suite using tools such as, and not limited to, Presenter, Captivate, Audition, Flash, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro, Dreamweaver, Illustrator and products such as Lectora, Articulate, Camtasia, Demobuilder.