Cross Category Consumer Insights Manager
85 Challenger Road Ridgefield Park, NJ 07660
Cross Category Insights Manager
**W2 contract, 6 month minimum, Ridgefield Park, NJ **
Cross Category/IoT/Smart Home - Marketing (Consumer, Shopper & Market Insights Team)
- The Cross Category Insights Manager partners with relevant business teams to provide an understanding of Consumers usage and behaviors across their Consumer Experience Journey for assigned business. He/she gathers and analyzes consumer data and supports cross functional teams with their strategies and tactics.
- This Cross Category Insights Manager position supports analytical insights across Samsung categories and reports to the Director of Cross Category/IoT/Smart Home.
- Leverage Secondary/Syndicated research and Conduct Primary research to actionable insights.
- Independently manage most research, with support and guidance from manager on more complex studies:
- Secondary: Gather and analyze secondary data sources to address business issues
- Primary: conduct research to understand and predict consumer behavior, e.g.,
- Qualitative: focus groups, in-home ethnographies, 1-1 interviews, etc.
- Quantitative: concept tests, usage & attitude studies, post purchase, etc.
- Manage full scope of Research Projects including:
- Deeply understand business issues and specific questions to address them. Develop comprehensive research brief, that includes detailed learning areas and action standards, with stakeholder buy-in
- Determine and recommend best research methodology to address business questions
- Identify best vendor through appropriate RfP process (multi-vendor proposal review)
- Help negotiate best price with vendor(s), and manage internal finance process approvals
- Manage research vendor from research design (including sample, questionnaire, discussion guide), field work, analysis, reporting and presentation delivery; ensuring data accuracy throughout study
- Analyze and interpret data in Excel and create crisp, insightful PowerPoint charts
- Deliver strong learning, in story-like presentation format that addresses all research objectives and includes actionable recommendations within needed timelines.
- Manage cross-category budget and finance process that covers cross category
- Support manager in developing Consumer Insights learning plan for Cross category research based on business needs and learning priorities established with key business stakeholders
- Understand and support quarterly and annual revenue, profit and market share goals achievement
- Strong Business Acumen to appropriately probe and fully understand business issues to tackle and provide meaningful, impactful recommendations
- Ability to confidently engage different levels and multi-functional stakeholders (up to VP level)
- Research and Analytical Capabilities
- Comprehensive, up to date research and analytical techniques and methodologies (notably Primary research, quantitative and qualitative). Syndicated research (e.g., Nielsen, NPD) experience a plus
- Superior Consumer focused Insights and research experience; Shopper Insights experience a plus
- Ability to effectively manage projects under very little supervision to achieve team goals and complete work assignments within established time frames
- Vendor / Team Management
- Evaluate via RFP best vendor for each project. Manage vendor to ensure clear goals, research capabilities and learning delivery within timeline and budget for high ROI.
- Communication & Technical skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication, engagement and influencing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey learning and actions to take
- Strong proficiency in development of PowerPoint charts and full decks. Strong Excel skills to review, calculate and analyze data. Proficiency in Tableau visualization and SPSS a plus
- Personal Attitude, Collaborations
- High confidence, proactivity and positive go-getter attitude
- Strong bias for action, sense of urgency and results orientation
- Ability to work calmly and productively in high time pressure situations
- Ability to cultivate strong collaborative working relationships and contacts within C&CI work group, across other company functions and with external organizations
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors degree in business administration, marketing, product management, sales, or related field.
- 5-8 years experience in market research, marketing, trade marketing, product mgmt. or related field w/ solid market research experience (from Client and/or agency side)
- 5-8 years experience analyzing consumer data and providing insights that drive business, including research methods and statistics. Mix of Client and/or agency side experience
- Must be able to synthesize secondary research and provide perspectives; ability to leverage Secondary/Syndicated research and Conduct Primary research to actionable insights to address business issues
- Very well versed & eager to learn - able to produce excellent research results & analyses
- Electronics / Mobile Industry research experience STRONGLY PREFERRED. Otherwise must have consumer packaged goods (CPG) research experience.
- Masters degree in business administration, marketing, product management, sales, or related field preferred
- 3 + years experience analyzing technology including retailers.
Meet Your Recruiter
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.