DBA/ Big Data Engineer
3000 Town Center Ste 2100 Southfield, Michigan 48075
DBA/Big Data Engineer
ektello is actively seeking creative, innovative, team-oriented individuals who are passionate about bettering the client’ s brand and its ongoing mission to significantly enhance the way people live, work and play.
- Design data management systems, implement schemas, storage architectures and access rights.
- Perform data loads and optimize data for extraction and reporting use.
- Assist with ETL jobs and transformations to populate a data warehouse.
- Maintain complex databases by performing appropriate database management functions (e.g., maintain space availability, rebuilds indexes, file cleanup, runs utilities to check database integrity) to ensure optimum capacity and application performance.
- Monitor, report, and analyze usage trends and statistical output in order to maintain quality control and high performance of the data retrieval from a database or other data storage.
- Implement updates, fixes, performance tuning and optimization.
- Develop database maintenance procedures and tools, utilizing industry best practices.
- Define database validation requirements to ensure database integrity.
- 5-10+ years of experience working in technology.
- Experience with Big Data, especially Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce.
- 3+ years of experience as a DBA.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Experience with database architecture, data modeling and analyzing requirements for database design.
- Strong understanding of database security.
- Excellent debugging, problem solving and testing skills.
- Experience in data warehouse concepts, ETL tools such as Informatica, Pentaho, Apache Spark.
- Experience using reporting tools such as Power BI and Qlik.
- Good interpersonal/management skills and capable of working individually and as part of a team.