Data Analyst - External Data Certification Team / Campaign Database Business Analyst 4
13201 McCallen Pass Austin, TX 78753
Data Analyst - External Data Certification Team
Support the delivery of curated, high quality refined data with the level of polish needed for external consumption.
- Gather and translate business requirements into articulable data needs
- Track down and document sourcing of data needs for use by IT and business partners
- Transform business and technical metadata into external data product documents
- Research and communicate data related inquires to non-technical business partners and skilled IT resources as a Data SME.
- Profile and investigate structured and semi-structured datasets, reverse engineering based on business requests
- Review and sign off on development unit testing and QA test results
- Create and update internal project documents, including in-depth business metadata, UAT test plans and data integration
- Perform UAT analysis and drive standardization of UAT testing with the lens of an external consumer
- Create data quality metrics based off of UAT analysis and profiling and ensure implementation into final product.
- Determine downstream and upstream impact analysis on new changes and updates
- Ensure that data anomalies are detected and contained within thresholds
- Perform root cause analysis of data discrepancies based on data quality metrics
- Anticipate new issues and functionalities based on data quality trending.
- Ability to dig through data and form solutions (big data and unstructured data)
- 3+ Years' Experience with Jason, Python, Spark, and SQL queries in Hadoop
What makes this position stand out?
- Very new data team and market for our Fortune 100 client
- External data licensing
- Opportunity to create new data products and provide value to our client
Location: Austin, TX
Duration: 12 months; Potential for extension
Interview Process: Phone Interview, followed by video/in person meeting