Data Analyst 1
29427 Louis Chevrolet Road Warren, MI 48093
Data Analyst I
The role of the Data Analyst is to distill information from data collected by the Connected Consumer Innovation Laboratory (CCIL) global Pilot capabilities. In this function, the resource will be called upon to provide detailed information regarding the performance of CCIL Pilot platforms, monitor the effectiveness of services being provided by the global environment and ensure that new initiatives are successfully integrated to maximize business benefits.
What are the top 3 Skill Sets this candidate must have?
- Expert-level SQL and HQL knowledge using Hive, Oracle, and Teradata
- Very good knowledge of visualizations using Power BI and Tableau
- Intermediate-level knowledge of big data tools / languages (Hadoop, Hive, Python, pySpark) proficient in Microsoft Access VBA programming
- Determines business service data capture requirements and the applicable data infrastructure resources to assure delivery
- Trains and educates data consumer teams on data collection tools and equipment
- Establishes data quality standards and works with data consumer teams to ensure standards are met
- Reports on availability and data collection metrics for the various global Pilot service systems
- Ensures data exchange and reporting systems are operational on a 24 x 7 basis
- Provides access to data consumers and ensures the delivery of recurring data loads
- Assists consumers with set-up, testing and implementation of data collection applications that support Pilot service data visibility
- Troubleshoots data reporting errors and data quality issues
- Ensures that all data application updates are properly installed and rolled out
- Performs and documents procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization and analysis
- Develops data collection and evaluation methodologies, including format design, project criteria and requirements, data compilation, relevancy and usage
- Prepares hourly, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc data reports for distribution
- Presents data at conferences and meetings where needed
- Develops and maintains a data consumer access or limited access data research portal
Qualifications – Required
- Bachelor' s Degree in Science / Technology areas (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, etc.) or equivalent experience
- A solid understanding of both UNIX-based (Linux, Solaris) and Microsoft Windows (2008, 7) operating systems. Adept at the use of performance analysis methods to tune systems, and resolve connectivity problems
- Specific experience delivering data and reporting information from Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, and Hadoop repositories
- Proven practical experience programming in ETL / Unix Scripting, Perl, Unix/MS Windows Shells
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Database schema design (logical and physical, NoSQL)
- High degree of written and oral communication skills
- Solid and wide-reaching foundation in programming (Scripting, SQL) and database structures (Relational, Object)
- Proven experience working as part of a technical team to communicate the changes needed to maintain a database' s stability or speaking with business leaders to describe performance options for Pilot databases and security controls.
- High degree of analytical capability where problems are unusual and complex
- Report design and creation with Cognos, Tableau, and Quest Toad
- Knowledge of analysis software (i.e. SPSS, SAS) and Business Intelligence and analytics competencies
- In depth expertise with mathematical analysis (Arithmetic, Algebra, Calculus, Statistics)
- Capable of handling multiple diverse and complex assignments concurrently
- Accustomed to 24x7 support responsibilities
- Four to seven years' performance analysis experience with heterogeneous operating systems platforms leveraging a distributed architecture.
- Principles and practices of data management
- Data collection, validation, and reduction
- Research methodologies
- Information science theory
- Database Management
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Network, client / server performance troubleshooting.
- Understanding of Wired/Wireless Communication and Session Protocols TCP/IP, SIP, CDMA, GSM
- Ability to perform troubleshooting test sequences for both computer systems architecture and enterprise applications.
- Exposure to database management (ETL, transactional replication approaches).
Location: Warren, MI
Duration: 6-month Contract