Data Engineer 1
240 Dividend Drive Coppell, TX 75019
Under limited supervision, has the ability of coordinating and managing service engineering product requirements. This individual will provide technical assistance between the Engineering department, NPI Teams and HQ Korea for SW or HW technical requirements defined by our Customer. In addition, this individual will coordinate any additional technical service issue with the HQ Engineering Team to ensure a successful product launch while meeting all deliverables. Responsibilities also include the establishment of effective working relationships with SEA Product Management Teams, Sales, and field testing personnel in order to drive product development and the product schedule successes. Interface with major customer and end users to ensure customer satisfaction. Analyze return rates and trends and plan future requirements. Develop test and repair strategies for new products. Auditing and training of out-sourced repair product to third party vendors.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned. In this position, either directly or through others, the incumbent will:
• Develops product inspection, tests, diagnostics, and repair procedures. Identifies and initiates improvements in product testing techniques, tools and repair processes. Provides product test and repair standards for new products. Works closely with HQ engineering to resolve technical issues and to develop product test and repair modifications.
• Designs and implements production floor plans to maximize production output. Establishes and maintains test equipment within calibration to ensure quality test and repair performance within specification standards
• Ability to determine necessary resources, and project timelines while communicating project status to all levels of management.
• Gathers repair service data, analyzes repair data for repair rates and trends. Prepares and presents statistical reports and information. Projects and plans future requirements, budgets and resources.
• Responsible for the establishment of new processes and improve existing processes to improve overall reverse logistics performance.
• Provides guidance, direction and decision control of RB-MES systems and application enhancements for the repair department. Ensures and recommends enhancements that improve operation efficiency, provide availability and integrity of critical repair service information and product performance/failure data. Manages systems and information projects against plans and performance expectations.
Background/Experience to qualify for this position, the following minimal background and skill levels are required:
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering, from an accredited college or university, or equivalent work experience in the telecommunications industry.
• Should have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in a project development with 1-3 years experience in the wireless telecommunications position requiring engineering direct project development experience and long-term customer contact and relationship building.
• Experience in a marketing or sales product management or development department or functional company group developing, compiling, and presenting information on products and services.
• Experience researching and resolving customer technical complaints and issues.
• Previous experience with Mobile or Network Field.
• Comprehensive use of Microsoft Office applications operating in a Windows XP or NT LAN/WAN environment.
Necessary Skills/Attributes for this position the following skills and abilities must be demonstrated at a proficient level:
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all assigned levels within and outside the company.
• Plan, organize and prioritize multiple complex assignments and projects.
• Read and interpret detailed and complex customer requirements.
• Demonstrated competency in both oral and written communication modes for both internal and external personnel at various levels, especially in logistical or financial areas of clients, prospects, and SEA.
• Work independently and in a team environment, in order to achieve personal and team goals and complete assignments within established time frames.
• Easily takes direction and follows up as needed to ensure project completion.
• Use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
• Bi-Lingual Korean Speaking in order to communicate effectively with HQ on a regular basis.