633 Third Avenue, 5th Floor New York, NY 10017
Sr Data Engineer (W2 Only)
No C2C or Sponsorship available
Experience Details: BSc in Computer Science or Engineering and 7 years minimum experience
Required: DataStage ETL and IBM DB2 are the key skills (7-10 years). Must be an experienced programmer with a wide range of technical knowledge and well versed in multiple programming languages.
Preferred Education: Master’ s Degree
Location: New York (Manhattan - Midtown), NY (Remote work initially)
Duration: 12+ month Contract
- As a Data Engineer, you will apply your data and platform engineering skills to design and develop technology/business solutions for a high-performance computing environment. This role provides architecture, development, and implementation of strategic initiatives solving business issues through technological innovation. in-depth knowledge of enterprise platforms, cloud services, and design architecture will be key to success.
- You will perform Proof of Concepts and test out new software tools under the umbrella of Data Science but geared more towards data/platform engineering.
- Analyze and Plan, Research & Communicate Approach: Partner with Project Managers, engineers, researchers, and physicians to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch. Contribute to high-level decisions with the rest of the product team. (20%)
- Development and Implementation: Architect efficient and reusable data processing systems that drive complex applications. Implement high-quality backend systems across several programming languages with a focus on Python and Java. (70%)
- Control Quality: The Data Engineer will provide feedback to other members of the design and engineering team to help maintain the quality of the data processing pipelines across all software being delivered. (10%)
- Design, specify and support new and existing platforms (on-premise/cloud)
- Proactively address and resolve technical issues to support key business initiatives.
- Utilize emerging technologies to address business issues through technical innovation.
- Functions as a data/platform expert contribute to analytics/solutions design and productizing decisions
- Can work independently with some supervision and be part of a collaborative team
- Work with Project Managers and Scrum Masters to provide milestones and stories
- Proactively and effectively communicates in various verbal and written formats with a senior-level member of the team and partners
- Graduate-level degree in Computer Science or Engineering; or relevant experience in the field of Business Intelligence, Data Mining, Database Engineering, and/or Programming
- Must have DataStage ETL development and data migration experience
- 3-5 years of overall experience working in the field of data wrangling and programming with a minimum of 1-year experience with ingesting, cleaning, merging, and applying necessary data-wrangling logic in Hadoop
- Strong Knowledge of Enterprise Platforms, Cloud Technology, and high-performance computing.
- 1+ years in writing complex SQL queries in any of the following and/or similar databases – IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Proficiency using Python for all data related work such as Numpy, Pandas, PySpark
- Experience working with Linux Operating System
- Experience working with data visualization tools or packages
- Experience building Exploratory Data Analysis reports such as Histograms, Box plots, Pareto, Scatter Plot using R, Python, or a Data Visualization tool such as Tableau or Spotfire
- Understanding of statistical modeling concepts, designs, and analytics-based products
- Any experience in using ETL tools such as Ab Initio, Talend, Informatica, Pentaho
- Any experience working with Data Warehouses and/or Data Marts