Data Integration Engineer
400 Renaissance Drive Detroit, Michigan 48243
Data Integration Engineer
Are you a car enthusiast that’ s curious about the other side of the auto-industry?
ektello is looking for a Data Integration Engineer for one of the most iconic client in Detroit, MI. Our client is among the world’ s largest automakers. They’ re a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, markets, and distributes vehicles and vehicle parts. From electric cars to heavy-duty full-size trucks, they provide a complete range of vehicles that meets the needs and expectations of drivers on a global scale.
The role of the Data Integration Engineer is to enhance and support the Advanced Development and Connected Services (ADCS) product architecture, and work with the Innovation Engineering team to create, and deploy new vehicle service capabilities. In this function, the resource will be called upon to interact with both local and globally dispersed developers, work with product engineering resources supporting various Telematics disciplines, as well as provide application support on a 24 x 7 on call basis.
The role exposes the resource to enterprise application architectures, such as Web Services and LAMP, which are leveraged in complement with delivery channels like Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems, Web Portals, Android and iPhone mobile devices, and in-vehicle Telematics systems.
- Enhance current Pilot Application product components and support development efforts for new service offerings with a globally distributed workforce.
- Establish the development lifecycle cadence, and oversee the delivery of infrastructure class software deliverables.
- Perform first, second, and third levels debug activities, to re-establish Pilot Application services expediently.
- Support application deployments into controlled operational environments
- Interact with the Solution Performance and Pilot Operation Leads to coordinate infrastructure enhancements and benchmark pilot application utilization/capacity
- Engage with other application development leads in forthcoming project development efforts to ensure application sustainability and security audit awareness.
- Creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Escalate urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
- Interact with team members by phone, e-mail, or in person on a 24x7 support basis.
- Document problem area into the appropriate support database.
- Participates in the preparation of training materials and performs in-house training associated with first and second level support duties.
- Proven experience participating in large software development and infrastructure deployment projects.
Proven practical experience programming in the following:
- Perl, Linux (bash)/MS Windows Shells
- SQL Queries (MySQL and Oracle)
Working knowledge on the following:
- Standard Data Formats (XML, JSON)
- ETL Experience
- Apache Web Services installation and configuration
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Database schema design (logical and physical)
- A solid understanding of both Linux-based and Microsoft Windows (Server) operating systems. Adept at the use of performance analysis methods to tune systems, and resolve connectivity problems.
- High degree of written and oral communication skills
- Appropriate interpersonal styles to work independently and effectively with team members (paired programming, requirements determination workshop facilitation, modeling/design workshop facilitation)
- Experience designing and implementing integrated software/hardware solutions
- High degree of analytical capability where problems are unusual and complex
- Experience throughout entire systems development life-cycle (Story/Use Case Writing, Application Design, Test Driven Development, etc.)
- Capable of handling multiple diverse and complex assignments concurrently
- Accustomed to 24x7 support responsibilities
- API implementation knowledge/experience
- Mobile app development knowledge/experience
- MySQL/Oracle specific experience; querying and administration
- Deeper Linux operational/administrative experience
- Automation experience
- Network, client / server performance troubleshooting.
- Software Development Architecture and Implementation, with an emphasis in Application Security.
- Implementation and Testing Secure Distributed Communication Applications
- Establishing Secure Coding Practices
- Enabling Application Security Management and Audit Capabilities
- Four to seven years’ performance analysis experience with heterogeneous operating systems platforms leveraging a distributed architecture.
- Understanding of Wired/Wireless Communication and Session Protocols
- TCP/IP, SIP, CDMA, GSM
- Ability to perform troubleshooting test sequences for both computer systems architecture and enterprise applications.
- Reasoning Ability
- Capable of creating troubleshooting techniques appropriately, to be leveraged by operations support personnel.
- Adherence to management guidelines, and management / enforcement of usage policies / procedures.