Data Project Manager
1221 Avenue of Americas New York, NY 100020
Are you familiar with one of the world' s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information? Are you also a project manager looking for an innovative and exciting opportunity in the entertainment industry?
ektello is looking for a Project Manager for one of our top multimedia clients in New York, NY. Our client boasts an impressive portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, world-renowned theme parks, a prominent motion picture company, and much more.
The Project Manager will help lead the coordination a new consumer intelligence project and will be responsible for ensuring overall smooth delivery of this high-profile program by preparing project status reports, running weekly status meetings and daily standups, identification, and resolution of risks/roadblocks, etc. A successful candidate will have experience working on complex projects with multiple tracks with hybrid project management methodologies (agile, waterfall, etc.) and coordinating efforts across various vendors and engineering teams.
• Collaborate closely across cross-functional business and technical teams to set expectations and guide project execution
• Serve as a single point of contact for project status and issue management
• Raise and remove all obstacles related to project execution
• Employ both traditional and Agile/Scrum techniques as required
• Monitor risks and issues across the portfolio, serving as a point of escalation/remediation
• Identify and document dependencies and mitigation strategies to ensure successful project execution
• Create processes and communication strategies for every aspect of the project/product lifecycle
• Communicate project/product updates to the broader client organization and/or key stakeholders
• Ensure on time and budget delivery of project overall
• Support leadership in overall program and product management as well as other top priority initiatives
• 5+ years of Project Management experience in the media, entertainment or related industries. Ideally with 3 years focused on building, designing and managing digital products related to data; working on large-scale enterprise data assets and commercial products
• Able to gather essential information in project briefings to onboard and continuously update the wider project team, showing excellent organization and management skills to create a sense of calm and confidence across the group
• Strong organizational skills with experience coordinating multiple work streams simultaneously
• Solid executive presence combined with excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex information clearly and appropriately handle sensitive information
• Attention to detail while reviewing project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project requirements
• Ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
• Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and negotiate resolutions to complex problems
• Proactively acts to identify value-added solutions that will enhance project delivery and addresses potential issues before they impact the project
• Sees multiple relationships and dependencies, identifying several likely solutions or procedures to address relevant project issues
• Is receptive to change and is willing to adjust work plans and schedules based on new requirements and direction from leadership
• Promotes team effectiveness by soliciting input from team members on critical project dependencies and milestones.
• Demonstrated effectiveness developing plans, prioritizing activities and driving execution
• Industry certifications such as CSM, PMP, SAFe certifications, a plus
• Bachelors degree in a relevant field