S. Colorado Boulevard Suites 800 & 900 Denver, CO 80222
ektello’ s client is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective people, risk and financial management. With more than 40, 000 colleagues around the world, they offer consulting, technology and solutions in the areas of benefits, talent management, rewards, risk and capital management.
Their compensation databases are recognized worldwide as the most reliable source of current data for compensation planning. Covering 103 countries across six continents, our reach is broad, enabling us to provide the data needed for local and international organizations to attract and retain top performing employees. Our rigorous data processes, coupled with the depth of our databases, enable us to deliver robust data and consistent reporting practices.
Their Rewards Data and Software Practice is currently seeking candidates for the Product/Solution Innovation team. As part of the overall data transformation project, this new Product/Solution Innovation team will define innovative products and solutions to transform the business beyond data to one that provides quality insights through superior service that meets current and future client needs through future-ready, agile, live interactive solutions enabled by technology and the best-in-class talent. The team consists of highly versatile professionals with specialized knowledge from various fields of expertise who will work together to generate and design diverse product ideas and solutions.
The Product/Solution Innovation Team will identify and develop innovative products and solutions to transform the business. The team will create and develop product innovation projects, pilots, and new product or solution opportunities that align with the growth and transformation strategies. Key activities may include business performance evaluation, peer/industry analysis and benchmarking, financial modelling, and new business opportunity analysis. The team is expected to work cross-practice, interacting with the other data transformation teams, business leaders and their teams, and to effectively communicate the results of their work in an effective, discernible manner to the Steering Committee, Advisory Panel and Data Services Leadership.
The ideal candidate would be a former SW Engineer that has moved in a Data Science role.
- Identify and develop products and solutions that can help grow and transform the data business by designing and building models and algorithms to drive predictive & prescriptive analytics across the customer journey and product portfolio.
- Research client problems and unmet data needs, compile and evaluate research on market requirements, identify, develop and evaluate new product ideas or enhancements to existing products, translate research discoveries into usable and marketable solutions.
- Deliver on insights and analytics to help business leaders answer critical questions related to unmet market problems, customer journey and product adoption.
- Support business models for new solutions and to evaluate performance of existing and new initiatives; research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis.
- Collaborate with other data transformation teams, product development, operations and client teams to provide technological and data driven solutions to pressing business issues.
- Identify opportunities for leveraging advanced analytics in transforming the business, products and solutions for clients.
- Mine and analyze data to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques, and business strategies.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- 5 – 7 years of experience as a software engineer
- 5 - 7 years of experience in solving complex business problems using data science, statistical techniques and machine learning to build predictive and prescriptive solutions across product portfolios and customer journeys.
- Experience building multi-tenant SaaS applications
- Experience with HR software, compensation analysis and market matching
- Demonstrated success in working with dynamic and autonomous teams in a global organization, including experience working in an agile environment with iterative feedback.
- Able to identify and solve challenges, think outside the box, facilitate discussions, drive consensus on project teams and execute ideas.
- Comfortable with loosely defined requirements where you exercise your analytical skills to collaborate with the rest of the team to build solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to synthesize and communicate complex results to senior leaders
- Attention to detail with focus on data quality, data consistency and criticality.
- Ability to shape ambiguity, govern and prioritize in a matrixed environment across organizational boundaries
- Experience providing insights to support strategic decisions, including preparing and delivering insights and recommendations, including experience in visualizing, presenting and effectively communicating data.
- Knowledge of and experience with one or more modern programming languages, C# and Python are preferred.
- Hands-on experience with data analysis tools particularly Python
- Applied knowledge and experience with building and training ML models
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Machine Learning – specifically deployment and training of ML models using (Keras, TensorFlow, Scikit-learn or similar packages)
- Experience using Jupyter Notebooks, Azure Machine Learning Notebook VM or similar Data Science tools
- Understands the fundamentals of Deep Neural Networks (DNNs) and how they ‘ learn’ using backpropagation
- Exposure to AI, Deep Learning, Neural Networks and NLP
- Extensive experience with relational, document and NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience in Enterprise Visualization Tools: PowerBI, Dundas, Tableau, QlikView.
- University Bachelor’ s degree in data science, data analysis, statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, or any other related discipline (Master’ s degree is preferred).
- 2-5 years demonstrated data science or analytic experience.
Location: Denver, CO
This is largely a remote position; however, the selected person will be required to come into the office 1 or more times per week.
Duration: 6-month Contract; There is a strong potential for Contract to Hire
Travel: Some travel, including international, may be required.