2900 West Geronimo Place Chandler, AZ 85224
DataStage Developer - 2 Openings
The DataStage Developer role is responsible for developing DataStage solutions using sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with the client' s software development project methodology. Development activities will include configuration updates to existing software and/or developing new programs to address a particular business need. This includes a feasibility review of the development effort for new requirements, identification of risks, creation of project documentation and time estimation of development effort.
The DataStage Developer will obtain a thorough understanding of the infrastructure and configuration of existing ETL environments.
Top 3 Skills:
- DataStage Development - 3+ Years
- PL/SQL development experience
- IBM Sterling Business Intelligence ecosystem knowledge
- Bachelor' s degree in IT related discipline or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with complex ETL delivery initiatives for data warehouses and related applications using industry standard toolsets
- Strong development experience with IBM DataStage in large, global companies- Good knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Familiarity with Autosys or Job Scheduling technologies
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts, schemas, Slowly Changing Dimensions, Facts and Dimensions and implementation of the same.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Experience with Unix/Linux scripting and Oracle tools (SQL*Loader, etc.)
- Ability to work in a high paced, multiple vendor global environment
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills, with strong ability to quickly learn and comprehend business processes and problems in order to effectively develop technical solutions to their requirements
- Preferred experience with Agile, Scrum, iterative, or waterfall development and project methodologies
- Preferred experience and familiarity with IT best practices (e.g., CMMI, ISO9000, ITIL, COBIT) and their implications relative to repeatable software development
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired
Location: Phoenix, AZ | Mon-Fri - 8am-5pm | Remote work is not an option
Duration: 6-month Contract (potential for extension)