Database Software Engineer
10400 Northeast 4th Street Bellevue, WA 98004
DATABASE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
**W2 contract, Onsite in Bellevue, WA**
The main function of a Software Engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. A typical software engineer researches, designs, develops and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific and general computing applications.
- Review and approve the modification of existing databases and database management systems.
- Instruct staff to write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system.
- Direct database development and approve project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Approve, schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products and improvements to computer systems.
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
- Bachelor' s degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required.
- 8-10 years experience required.
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and manage ones time.
- Strong mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Strong knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery. Strong ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer development software as it relates to systems, such as SQL, VisualBasic, etc.
Meet Your Recruiter
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.