Database and Hadoop Administrator
6625 Excellence Way Plano, TX 75023
DBA and Hadoop Administrator
**Long term W2 Contract, Plano, TX**
Database administrator (DBA) will be responsible for keeping critical tools database up and running smoothly 24/7. Responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of databases. Build database systems of high avaailability and quality depending on each end user’ s specialized role. Design and implement database in accordance to end users information needs and views. Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data. Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses. Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users. Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards. Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity. Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required. Be responsible for ensuring data is stored securely and optimally. Be responsible for evaluation of database software purchases.
As the Hadoop Admin will be responsible for deploying a Hadoop cluster, maintaining a hadoop cluster, adding and removing nodes using cluster monitoring tools like Cloudera Manager, configuring the NameNode high availability and keeping a track of all the running Hadoop jobs. Implementing, managing and administering the overall hadoop infrastructure. Take care of the day-to-day running of Hadoop clusters. Work closely with the database team, network team, BI team and application teams to make sure that all the big data applications are highly available and performing as expected
- Ability to have effective working relationships with all functional units of the organization
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a cross-cultural team
- Self-starter and Self-motivated
- Ability to work without lots of supervision
- Works under pressure and is able to manage competing priorities.
- General database management and Hadoop Administration are the main skill sets.
- Data modeling, database design, schema creation and management.
- Ensuring database performance, integrity and security
- Database backup and recovery
- Should be proficient in SQL and RDBMS like MySQL (MariaDb) and Oracle
- Should be proficient in Hadoop Administration.
- At least 10 years of proven working experience as a DBA and Hadoop Admin
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- Excellent knowledge on RDBMS/ORDBMS like MariaDb, Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Excellent knowledge on Hadoop administration.
- Ability to create simple scripts and tools.
- Knowledge of SDLC (Waterfall, Agile and Scrum)
- BS degree in a computer discipline is must.
Meet Your Recruiter
To me, you’re more than just a resume – I work to show clients the whole YOU! I also offer guidance on your job search by providing market intelligence and honest feedback to help you work towards your goals.