3245 146th Place Southeast Bellevue, WA 98007
looking for a competent and creative Interaction designer with strong project management skills. We need designers who consider business objectives, user needs, experience principles, and industry best practices to influence design decisions. We love people with a deep understanding of the mobile software development process, who arent afraid to get their hands dirty with experience prototyping, development and iterations through bug fixes. Above all, we value experienced, self-aware and self-directed individuals, capable of being amazing team players, across design, engineering, and production.
The UX team assesses new features by creating and managing UX communication, interfaces and micro- interactions with North Americas Mobile Network Operators. The team is focused on building mobile applications for smartphones, tablets, wearables, and smart-tag devices. The design output deftly balances tactical implementation with big-picture strategic thinking.
You will be an individual contributor overseeing product design and feature initiatives from concept to launch. You will also be required to support UX verification and UX compliance to report UX issues and carrier feedback for UX improvement on a day-to-day basis, providing alternate UX proposals and bug fixes based on current UX requirements, standards and technical feasibility analysis reports provided by development teams. You will be responsible to:
• Lead the ideation, UX concept development and launch of innovative services through constant communication with project team members including UX design teams in Korea, Product management, Development, other business functions located in US, India, Korea and other places.
• Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into feature UX review process to build internal and external consensus for proposed design direction enhancing user satisfaction.
• Create wireframes to deliver alternative UX proposals, improve existing applications and/or new features under trial to meet Carrier requirements, or to promptly resolve UX issues during the development process.
• Review current global UX for new feature UX proposal communication with internal and external teams.
• Check for UX deltas compared with global UX. Discuss and develop strategy to minimize delta with the Solutions team lead.
• Create and review UX proposals and communicate with key stakeholders including R&D, UX design, Product management, Legal and compliance teams for internal acceptance.
• Ensure delivered UI meets target user expectation, carrier requirements and is technically implementable for R&D teams.
• Raise UX issues and track issues for proper implementation
• Get aligned all stakeholders for new feature launch.
Necessary Skills and Requirements
• A portfolio demonstrating process, user-centric design thinking, and execution, across multiple experience platforms is required.
• 2- 3 years of industry experience in design and development of interface of mobile phone apps, services or equivalent mobile media device is required.
• Bachelors Degree or higher in Human factors, Human computer interactions, or closely related field.
• Experienced in preparing professional presentation materials.
• Understanding of UI related software architecture.
• Working knowledge and skills in Usability Engineering.
• Must demonstrate creative innovative approach to design.
• Knowledge in using relevant design tools: Adobe, Sketch, Framer X is preferred.
• Strong time management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Please submit candidates w/ the following must-haves:
- A portfolio demonstrating process, user-centric design thinking, and execution, across multiple experience platforms is required
- 2- 3 years of industry experience in design and development of interface of mobile phone apps, services or equivalent mobile media device is required.
- Strong problem-solver, able to identify design challenges and eagerly come up w/ resolutions
- Excellent communication skills, pro-active, a self-starter
- Excellent w/ design tools such as Adobe, Sketch, and prototyping tools.
- Research experience - Usability testing
Interview process: On-site w/ multiple team members (will take several hours)
Meet Your Recruiter
Technical Recruiter – Digital|Creative|Marketing
With my experience as a recruiter, I understand that a new role can change your life. I strive to learn your core values, your personality, and your vision to find the position that aligns best with what you want!