34405 W. 12 Mile Suite 375 Farmington Hills, Michigan 48331
ektello is searching for a DevOps Engineer for one of our top clients in the vehicle inspection industry. Our client has been the standard in vehicle inspections since 2005 and has provided coverage through North America since. With over 1, 200 employees and state-of-the-art technology, our client has inspected millions of vehicles annually. Our client is uniquely equipped with industry-leading customer service, competitive pricing, advanced IT solutions and a national footprint — all in the industry’ s first truly independent, objective, third-party inspection company.
- Codify current AWS infrastructure, automating and reporting on the environment.
- Work with development teams to develop alerting triggers, logging, and general application monitoring.
- Create and Maintain automated deployments.
- Enable automated resource and security audits.
- Thought leader on the future technologies used for environment management, automation, monitoring, and self-healing.
- Provides basic work direction and support to small groups of usually skilled and semi-skilled employees.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize day-to-day responsibilities.
- Detail oriented, highly focused and very organized.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm.
- Excellent teamwork skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships.
- Four or more years of System Administration and Network experience; Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Know at least one configuration management system (Docker, Chef, Ansible, etc.).
- Proficiently understand networking.
- Experience in the virtual infrastructure domains and continuous integration environments.
- Knowledge of cloud virtualization and resource management using Docker.
- Working knowledge of AWS.
- Working experience with databases such as Oracle and PostgreSQL.
- Experience using CI/CD build systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience designing highly available systems with fault tolerance in mind.
- Experience of using Git for version control.
- Experience of working in a Scrum team and Agile concepts.
- B.A. In Computer Science related field desired, AWS certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of power point, word processor, spreadsheet, other PC applications, ability to adapt to new technology as it becomes available.
- Proficient in System Administration and Networking concepts.
- Must be able to successfully interface with I.T. and all client wide departments; Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills required with strong attention to detail and accuracy; Ability to source, disseminate and properly apply secondary research.